Deleting my post.

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Too late pegger mi friend, I have all filed and am now organizing an expedition to --------! heheheh

I agree, however one can say quite a bit about one's project without jeopardizing it. You haven't yet.

Tropical Tramp

rgecy

Bronze Member
Jun 14, 2004
Beaufort, SC
Detector(s) used
Garrett Sea Hunter Mk II
Peg Leg,
We all like to share our ideas and adventures and its hard not to talk too much about things we are passionate for. You did reveal quiet a bit of information in your post, but not enough to give it away. I dont blame you for deleting the post.

Good Luck and keep us informed,

Robert in SC

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Peg, If you wish to have your Posts Deleted, Please do so Yourself.

on the Upper Right of each of your posts should be the word Remove

and you could always use MODIFY and Change things

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Whadya mean, Doc? You know where to go?

Nov 8, 2004
Alamos,Sonora,Mexico
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
[diving doc
Oh yes he has!
Doc
Nah, what he has so far discussed is basically available already if one wishes to dig into it , same for a thousand other projects discussed in here. He hasn't given away any critical secrets - yet!.

Are YOU willing to dig throught 12 ft of hard packed mud on yeah many hectares on the chance that you know more
than he does and that it may still be there?

He has left out many little itty bitty goodies. which with the others, qualifies this as a bone fide project, BUT, since you don't know them, you would not be willing to risk a confrontation with him or gov't, let alone the expense of this operation.

I have even given Lat & Long of my pet project, but I defy you to find the goodies ----- heehehehheh

Tropical Tramp

p.s. Heck Doc, you still haven't figured out the basic cause as to why Napoleon lost the battle of Waterloo, close but. heheheheheh

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
You guys crack me up that is one of the reason I LOVE this forum.
Yes anyone can search using anything they have including an airplane, which I have used to take photos of certain areas and then had them blown up to 36 x 36 photos and in 3D. This program came from NASA. It pays to have a few friends in certain places.
BUT I can say that those on this forum are the BEST informed concerning TH in the world and I am glad to be here.
Peg Leg

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Okay, Doc. I don't always see things as clearly as others. But here's what I'm hearing from you...read Peg Leg's posts, do a Google Earth on his mentioned cities and nearby waterways, then you will know where the gold bars are. Hmmm...I'm not convinced. I'm absolutely sure this is not what you're saying, but could you be a little more clear? And make it step by step for guys like me. Maybe we could use this in a book called "Treasure Hunting for Dummies" 8)

Best,
Darren

mad4wrecks

Bronze Member
Dec 20, 2004
Detector(s) used
Aquapulse, DetectorPro Headhunter, Fisher F75
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Ole Peg leg did reveal quite a bit of information. If you are a Florida native like me, well, you could get a pretty good fix on the location. ( google earth: 28*47'51.98N 80*51'00.98W) The questions are, did the black man dump the gold bars at the MOUTH of the 3 rivers area (at the very north end of the Indian River), how has the course of those small river branches changed over the last 100 years and are you funded and equiped to do an extensive search and then remove 12 feet of mud if you should happen to detect a mass of metal?

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
Fair enough. I guess I was thinking you were saying he gave away the X on the map versus the general area. I agree with you both that the general area is known, but a great deal of expense would be needed to locate the X. And I'm not sure that a scattering of bars will be so easily located in 12 feet deep mud. If they were grouped together in a chest, maybe, but it sounds like they were dumped out individually. Then again, they may not be there at all if the area has been dredged. I hope Peg Leg finds them :)

Thanks for the clarification,
Darren

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Doc,
Close but no cigar. You are actually about 8 miles off-to far north and to far west.
It was dumped within eyesight of the Dummitt Castle which is just south of Haulover canal.
It seems that a Noreaster (storm) was about to capsize the boat so he dumped the bars overboard. He had to struggle to keep the boat from sinking even minus all the weight.
There are plenty of mud holes in this area. I guess with all the HIGH TECH devices out there this would not be a problem locating.
BUT this is on the Kennedy Space Center property.
I will no doubt need all the luck I can get but I am still going after it.
Later
Peg Leg

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its a interesting area.

Attachments

• goldbararea.jpg
    goldbararea.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 298
OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Nice photo of the HAULOVER CANAL. Now if you want to realy find something inlarge the photo and locate the orginal Haulover Canal. There was a Fort there with about 5,000 troops. This was during the Seminole Indian Wars. The Earth works are still there AND they put a cannon in the mud to keep the indians from getting it when the fort closed down.
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Tropical Tramp,
Did you get my email concerning the information on who to contact about finding OLD Spanish maps and information.
Peg Leg

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Chasing Dory ROV,Swellpro Splash 2 pro waterproof drone,Swellpro Spry+ wa,Wesmar SHD700SS Side Scan Sonar,U/W Mac 1 Turbo Aquasound by American Electronics,Fisher 1280x,Aquasound UW md,Aqua pulse AQ1B
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
pegleg or anyone else here,
lets see how good you all are.go east 3.22 miles from the center of the current haulover canal where it cuts thru the land mass in the photo.what will you find there in the water and on the beach? heres a hint,its starts with a T.

FISHEYE

Bronze Member
Feb 27, 2004
lake mary florida
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Capt Z,
The pile of gold is either a rumor,or old story that has gone around an round,enough that it has changed so many times.if it is in that area,no one will ever get to get it since its on nasa property,thats heavly guarded,by them and other fed agencies.plus its in a area well traveled by many boaters.is it really worth going to jail? or have all your equipment taken away including whatever boat that got you there?go 3 miles east find real treasure on the beach an in the water.the real 8 corp worked it before nasa started the space program,im sure theres alot more to be found.but you will have to dig with bare hands on the beach.no MD's in the water or the beach.plus theres many other wrecks strewn along that beach for 50 miles either way.im sure if you do enough beach combing you will find something.after the 3 hurricanes of 2 yrs ago i found very large timbers with bronze spikes in them that were uncovered in the dunes.all were over 12 feet long and are still there.a mast even washed up on shore but went back in the ocean after a few days.one thing thats nice about the nasa beach,the feds didnt pump any sand on it.

wreckdiver1715

Bronze Member
May 20, 2004
Satellite Beach
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excal 1000
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
On Kennedy Space Center property! Are you nuts? Besides all the high tech gadgetry that is used to monitor this heavily guarded installation, helicopter air patrols, zodiacs with mini guns, guards with M9 and M16’s with orders to shoot. That you could probably deal with. There biggest, most dangerous weapon is in nature, and his name is King George. You have been warned!

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
Yes I agree with FISHEYE. There is some serious Treasure to be found on the beach BUT you cannot remove a single peice no matter what it is except a few coins that you stick in your pocket. NO MD,S allowed and you WILL be watched. The beach is a National Seashore Park. However you can use whatever you want and recover whatever you find up to the cable and post marking the Park. This is south of New Smyrna Beach. It was never filled in except by Mother Nature. I suggest that you use an ATV cause this requires a lot of walking. The beach in this area is very small and the dunes are only 30 feet away from the waters edge.
I used to go with a man by the name of Charlie Pirtle and collect items washed ashore from ships sank by German U-Boats. Charlie never looked for any thing that was smaller than a car/truck tire-no Spanish Treasure. This was the time I would find Black flat seashells and skip them back into the ocean. Did not know they were Spanish coins. This was when I was a very small child and did not know anything and still do not know all that much but still learning.
Peg Leg

OP
OP
P

Peg Leg

Bronze Member
May 29, 2006
diving doc,
You said that there was eniough HI Tech equipment out there that finding the gold bars would not be a problem. If this is true please explain where one can purchase this equipment and why it is not being used by THers world wide.
The Bars in tbe mud is not the only thing I am looking for.
Thanks
Peg Leg

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread