Deleting my social media presence

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sadly, they do that here, too. Nowadays, professing your love of your country and pointing out the actual problems that face it, as opposed to the BS that they're trying to feed us, is likely to get you attacked and banned from a lot of sites.

I can’t say anything about political discussion here since I’ve never really engaged in it but I have noticed they’re quick to ban, or at least scold, if you voice an opinion that differs from long term members. It’s as though they can do and say no wrong and if you dare disagree with them, the mods will try to silence you. It’s a shame they play favorites like that since it drives away a lot of people who might offer a different perspective. That’s actually my only gripe about this site.

Doubter in MD

Bronze Member
Jan 18, 2013
Maryland
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I can’t say anything about political discussion here since I’ve never really engaged in it but I have noticed they’re quick to ban, or at least scold, if you voice an opinion that differs from long term members. It’s as though they can do and say no wrong and if you dare disagree with them, the mods will try to silence you. It’s a shame they play favorites like that since it drives away a lot of people who might offer a different perspective. That’s actually my only gripe about this site.

I don't think the moderators play favorites. I guess it might look that way to some but a number of factors play into it.

Most long term members are probably just better at knowing where the lines are drawn and how to keep from crossing them. And I'm sure someone with thousands of acceptable posts might get more slack when stepping out of line than than somebody with ten posts doing the same. I see it as giving respect to a member who has earned a certain amount of trust based on good behavior over the long haul but I don't see that as favoritism.

Customx_12

May 22, 2008
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I don't think the moderators play favorites. I guess it might look that way to some but a number of factors play into it.

Most long term members are probably just better at knowing where the lines are drawn and how to keep from crossing them. And I'm sure someone with thousands of acceptable posts might get more slack when stepping out of line than than somebody with ten posts doing the same. I see it as giving respect to a member who has earned a certain amount of trust based on good behavior over the long haul but I don't see that as favoritism.

Giving certain members more slack to “step out of line” than others is the definition of favoritism. Besides, I’m not even talking about people blatantly violating the rules. They attack if anyone dares to even disagree or ask questions. It’s a bizarre good ol’ boys dynamic that drives away new users. I personally know people who signed up here and no longer post to avoid that very issue. They still read and lurk, though.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a facebook account, but, never ever post on it and check it twice a year to see who died.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread