Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
True story. Had a cracked molar. Dr. said to take care of it in 2015. Thing wouldn't numb. Three times. Three visits. Over 6 months, after all, you can only take so much of this. So the new guy in the dentist office finally gets it crowned in March of this year. Doesn't feel right but got better over the summer. So Labor Day week tooth starts really hurting. Couple days later it goes nuclear. Started antibiotics. Had it pulled Sept. 15th. More antibiotics. Last Saturday went back and they removed a busted small piece of the jaw bone (where tooth fit in the socket) the extraction wrecked. It was just kind of hanging out in the hole, floating around in .... ooey. Felt some better. This Friday I went to a surgeon who opened 'er up again and pulled out two more broken pieces of jaw (socket of tooth). Ground down the sharp edges and stitched it up. That was yesterday. Today I went detecting from 7 am to 8 pm. Hard headed as all get out, huh? It had BETTER be over!!!!!! Or else!!!!! Picture a very Unhappy camper being very very very LOUD in crowded dentist office. So how many of you wet yourself after reading this?

TommyB

Jul 24, 2013
OC, Calif
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Whites Surf PI & Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Dental pain will bring the biggest meanest man to his knees and make him cry. I would be P'O d and loud as well if I had to return THAT many times.

against the wind

Gold Member
Jul 27, 2015
Port Allegheny, Pennsylvania
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Excalibur, XP Deus, & CTX 3030.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Pretty coincidental, I have been getting some work done and my dentist had to shave down a tooth for a platinum and enamel crown. Well he shaved it a little too deep. Two weeks ago it gave me a little pain when I had some ice cream. I figured the tooth was just sensitive to cold. Now the tooth starts acting up 4 days ago. Getting more and more painful each passing day. I went into the dentist yesterday and told him to do a root canal or an extraction. He puts me on penicillin and a mild pain killer. He scheduled me for a return visit for today. Root canal was done this morning. I feel so much better. No pain.
I have a week long trip to North West Pennsylvania scheduled to start on Monday. Farms, parks, and a Ghost Town.
Yep,, toothaches really suck but getting it fixed and going on a week long hunt is just the remedy I need.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes, but these were larger than some gold nuggets we get. I kept two as souvenirs. I'll get bored with them soon. For now they are war trophies. Finished the antibiotics today. Hope THAT PART is over.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OOHHHHHHHHHH! YYYYYYUUUUUUUUUCCCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKKK! All of them!

Still have a small lump in the jaw, hope I'm done with it. Dentist took a look-see at it today and didn't think infected. But I still went detecting Saturday.

Dr. Syn

Feb 15, 2011
Lakeland, Florida
Just be careful, I end up doing stupid stuff after dental surgery. Like I had a root canal, and got married the next day. :tongue3:
Or the time I got my wisdom teeth, and a third set of front teeth removed. Stoned out of my mind, I made the wife stop at Home Depot. Bought a built in dishwasher, and went home and installed it. To this day I don't remember any of it.

OP
OP
smokeythecat

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's an awesome plan for world domination! Get stoned with wife in car, let her shop while you're dropped and you have the entire national debt.

coinman123

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2013
New England, Somewhere Metal Detecting in the Wood
πŸ₯‡ Banner finds
πŸ† Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE (DST)
Spare Teknetics T2 SE (backup)
15" T2 coil
Pro-Pointer
Bounty Hunter Pioneer 202
Fisher F2
Fisher F-Point
Primary Interest:
Other
During a cavity they completely missed with the Novocaine! I told them I was not numb and they told me that I probably could not tell because of the Nitrous Oxide (I was a wimp that time and had the gas lol). Well, the procedure hurt like hell, and gave me a long lasting fear of the dentist.

Sorry about your teeth, hope your gums feel better.

jonnied1

Aug 2, 2016
WV
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When I was in the Air Force in the early 70's I broke a wisdom tooth on a Friday afternoon. Went to the base dentist office just before 3PM. Tooth was really hurting! I told the receptionist what was going on and she said I would have to come back Monday, the dentist were done for the day.
At that time the dentist came out of his office with another dentist talking about hitting the golf course.
I was never one to put up with much crap so I started pounding on the counter and stated that these guys were not off duty yet.
One of the guys looked at me with a red angry face and said ok a-hole, come on back and I will take care of it.
He took me into the office and put me in the dental chair, leaned it back and got a tray of tools.
He got the Novocain out and gave me a shot, laid the needle down, picked up the extractor and yanked the tooth out.
His last words before leaving the office were "It will fell better soon."
It took me a long time to get the courage to see a dentist again.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread