Depth of M6??

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

LI Tom

Bronze Member
Oct 19, 2006
Since it is a version of the MTX that has less programs and is silent search,the same as the MTX.I have found dimes at 7".

khouse

Dec 6, 2006
If you run it a little hot and the disc at 9 o'clock then 8+ inches is no problem. The detector has a modulated beep. So at that depth your listening to the faint beeps not the TID. I prefer the single tone mode.

rommelvon

Jul 21, 2007
I have an M6 and hit a copper lipstick tube at 12, granted it was a very faint signal, finding dimes, and other coins at 8 is no problem, depth is right up there with the DFX and MXT

Phillip_in_NM

Jul 15, 2006
Land of Enchantment
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, White's M6, Nokta Legend, Minelab Equinox 800, Nokta Simplex+
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I found my first Barber dime at 5" with the 4x6 shooter coil. I was impressed!

ikes4ever

Nov 27, 2007
Long Island
Detector(s) used
Whites Coinmaster 1000 and DFX
great slide show hope to get an m6 within a month. just hope it does well on beaches

OP
OP
Newfiehunter

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Currently own: Fisher CZ5, Eurotek Pro, Tesoro Vaquero, Tesoro Cortes, Vibraprobe 560, Vibradetector 720, Garrett ProPointer. Makro Pinpoiinter Used: Whites Liberty2, Garrett Freedom3, Garrett GTA 1
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yeah!! It is a great slide show!! Gotta get me a M6!!

Massbaycolonist

Apr 15, 2006
Massachusetts
Newfiehunter said:
Hi everyone!!
I am considering a Whites' M6 detector. What is the depth like on this machine compared to the MXT or DFX? Thanks

Newfiehunter

Hi Newfie: My M6 with the stock coil can easily reach 12" in a non-salt sand environment.

OP
OP
Newfiehunter

Newfiehunter

Oct 20, 2007
Newfoundland
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Hi Massbaycolonist
What is the M6 like on Salt water beaches? Does it become too erratic? Thanks. By the way, Newfoundland and Massachusetts always had a close relationship over the centuries. Nice to meet ya!! :)

Massbaycolonist

Apr 15, 2006
Massachusetts
Newfiehunter said:
Hi Massbaycolonist
What is the M6 like on Salt water beaches? Does it become too erratic? Thanks. By the way, Newfoundland and Massachusetts always had a close relationship over the centuries. Nice to meet ya!! :)
Hi Newfie: Regarding the performance of the M6 on saltwater sand, I addressed this in my Initial Field Review.
Very briefly, the M6 with the 9.5” stock coil has poor depth on WET saltwater beaches, Average depth on DRY saltwater sand, and the M6 rocks on freshwater beaches. (+12”).
On wet saltwater beaches, you will have to turn the sensitivity knob way down to around 4. (At least on my beaches here.) If you don’t turn the sens knob way down on wet saltwater sand, you will get so much false signaling that you won’t recognize a good signal amid all the chatter. And with all the false signal chatter, the VDI numbers will be jumping all around as well.
Farther up on the beach, on DRY saltwater sand, you can crank the sensitivity all the way up to about 9 or 10 with no problem. If you will be hunting on saltwater beaches, plan to purchase an optional DD coil. The DD coils are needed at saltwater beaches to deal with all the mineralization there. If you have any further questions regarding the M6, just ask.
Great to meet you as well. I’m a history buff myself. I didn’t know our states had so much in common. Keep us up to date on what kind of detector you finally decide to get, and how it works up there in Newfoundland. Happy hunting…..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread