XP Deus, Minelab Explorer SE Pro, Quest Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

John-Edmonton

Silver Member
Mar 21, 2005
Canada
Detector(s) used
Garrett- Master Hunter CX,Infinium, 1350, 2500, ACE 150-water converted 250, GTA 500,1500 Scorpion, AT Pro
You will get fantastic depth with the mark II....better then average, deeper the any VLF machine, especially in salt water. Air tests don't work very well with PI's. You need a matrix around the target. You got a great machine.....no doubt about it. :thumbsup:

U.K. Brian

Bronze Member
Oct 11, 2005
Detector(s) used
XLT, Whites D.F., Treasure Baron, Deepstar, Goldquest, Beachscan, T.D.I., Sovereign, 2x Nautilus, various Arado's, Ixcus Diver, Altek Quadtone, T2, Beach Hunter I.D, GS 5 pulse, Searchman 2 ,V3i
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Whilst I agree that P.I.'s like to have a matrix to perform best the air test figure you quote is bad. I last used one about six years back but I know I had better results even on an engagement ring.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have a great detector there that will find targets deeper than I want to dig right now. Air tests for PI's aren't impressive. When you start digging targets from two feet you'll understand and maybe take up golf.

Detector Wars

Nov 26, 2008
U.K. Brian said:
Whilst I agree that P.I.'s like to have a matrix to perform best the air test figure you quote is bad. I last used one about six years back but I know I had better results even on an engagement ring.

If the test target is on noisier ground/mineralised ground, it is going to be affected more, just as if it were in ground, exept you won't get as much depth. So the difference in ground still applies.

Indasurf

Jan 2, 2008
Detector(s) used
Garrett Infinium, White's BHID 300, Fisher CZ20, Fisher CZ 6A, Bounty Hunter Discovery 3300, Tesoro Silver Sabre Plus, White's 5900 DI Pro SL, and others!
The depth on the Sea Hunter will astonish you and you really can't "air test" a PI due to the design type!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread