depthmaster-champion.gif
    1.7 KB · Views: 718
Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Badger, I haven't used one myself but I have a friend that swears by his for his 1280. I think it just amps the sound and I get my ears blown off anyway. He had to wire the phones into a plug to work with the Depthmaster and he wades with it. He is always getting water down his waders too from steping in a hole while pushing the depth envelope.

SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS

Gold Member
May 22, 2005
Primary Interest:
Other
Badger,

seen it, have no idea.

How is everything going; been getting out much?

have a good un....
SHERMANVILLE

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
They have deceptive advertising wording, which makes you think your detector will actually "do deeper" with their gizmo. Actually, it only amps up sounds your detecctor and earphones ALREADY hear. Just a volume increaser, so-to-speak. So unless your hard of hearing, I would pass on it.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
Badger,

seen it, have no idea.

How is everything going; been getting out much?

have a good un....
SHERMANVILLE

Hi, haven't been getting out much the last month or so. It's been awful hot up here and this rocky ground really gets hard when it's hot and dry. This is the driest summer I've ever seen for northern Michigan. Most of our grass died. Even at the lumber camp sites it looks more like early spring except digging can be very difficult.

How you been doing Sherm?

Badger

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Tom_in_CA said:
They have deceptive advertising wording, which makes you think your detector will actually "do deeper" with their gizmo. Actually, it only amps up sounds your detecctor and earphones ALREADY hear. Just a volume increaser, so-to-speak. So unless your hard of hearing, I would pass on it.

Ya, I kind of thought it was a hearing aid kind of dealy. My wife would say "go fer it!"

Badger

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Sandman said:
Badger, I haven't used one myself but I have a friend that swears by his for his 1280. I think it just amps the sound and I get my ears blown off anyway. He had to wire the phones into a plug to work with the Depthmaster and he wades with it. He is always getting water down his waders too from steping in a hole while pushing the depth envelope.

Ya, I think for older or lower-end machines it could work. Especially for those with cheap headphones maybe.

But I could see how it would be helpful in that it may increase the volume enough to be able to make a better call on a very weak signal. They say it has a feature that keeps the signal from blasting your ears off.

An ideal gadgit would be one that amplified the actual signal, eliminated background noise, and controlled the signal so it wouldn't reach an ear irritating level.

" He is always getting water down his waders too from steping in a hole while pushing the depth envelope." haha!

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
I have a depth master blue bird[ made for Whites]. I don,t know if they still make them. I love it. You can hear the faintest signal real deep. I would be lost without it. Mike.

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Mike Silver -gold said:
I have a depth master blue bird[ made for Whites]. I don,t know if they still make them. I love it. You can hear the faintest signal real deep. I would be lost without it. Mike.

They still sell these at KellyCo. Lots of people swear by them.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I have a old DEPTH MASTER made by ..Detector Electronics.. Farmingham,Ma. I bought it in the late 1980 it works fine on Detectors made before 1991 but the newer Detectors it will not work with.On the newer detectors all you get with it is a real faint sound that you can hardly hear...With the old Detectors it still gives a nice sound..I don't understand why but that how this old one works.........

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
roachnjim said:
I have a old DEPTH MASTER made by ..Detector Electronics.. Farmingham,Ma. I bought it in the late 1980 it works fine on Detectors made before 1991 but the newer Detectors it will not work with.On the newer detectors all you get with it is a real faint sound that you can hardly hear...With the old Detectors it still gives a nice sound..I don't understand why but that how this old one works.........

I tend to think they were mostly intended for the old detectors. Back in the 70's and even 80's many of us used those old TR all-metal detectors and deeper targets gave a very faint signal. This gadgit would act like a hearing aid and boast that weak signal so it would be more noticeable.

Todays machines either hear a target or they don't. There's not nearly as much weaker signaling in the new VLF machines. It seems targets are either heard clearly or missed completely.

Badger

IronClad

Aug 29, 2007
N. Central Ohio
Detector(s) used
Silver Eagle, White's Eagle I, White's Eagle II SL, 6000/Di Series 3, Silver Sabre II
I have a old DEPTH MASTER made by ..Detector Electronics.. Farmingham,Ma.

Same one I use on my Eagle I. Its velcro'ed on the battery box door. I have a 1/4'' & 1/8'' adaptor plug to use with either full size headphones of the light weight ones.

Just amplifies the audio signal/volume. I keep it set at min. and when I get a deep weak signal, I crank it up to 10 and it really sounds off. Needs 1 AA batt. to operate.

It came with the Eagle Detector I just recently bought and I really like using it so far. My left ear is weak, so it helps alot. Nice little accessory.

Mike Silver -gold

Dec 28, 2006
Detector(s) used
DFX - 1280 Excal.-1000
I got my depth master blue bird years ago. I have been useing it on all my Whites dectectors. I now use it on my new DFX. I still works fine. I,d be lost without it. All you Whites guys should try it. You can,t imagine the difference it makes. Mike.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread