Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's what you do when you don't think you've found anything exciting after hunting for the week. You look at alllll the details of the finds that you thought were so measly. :P

After a week of hunting and not having anything exciting to share, I thought I'd go back to the box of this weeks finds and just take a look at what I'd really found. I think I've become spoiled to finding at least one good keeper something when I go hunting, but this week was really slow....till I went back and looked at the details. :) Now these finds aren't spectacular by any means, but an eye opener of sorts. How many times do you dig something up and toss it aside without really giving it a good once-over?
Here are my finds..........
100_9814.jpg

And here are some details......... ;)
Found this little button that I thought was a washer before I really looked at it.
It's got a train on it!!
100_9817.jpg

Here's another button with a nice little design.......
100_9816.jpg

And look at these two...got a pat. date!
100_9818.jpg

Found this nasty looking little buckle today...but look at the neat design on it...
100_9819.jpg

One day this week Lisa and I went hunting at a new site. It was sooo trashy you didn't have a clue what was going to be found! :-X Dug this target, thought it was another piece of trash, but turns out to be a piece to a Monopoly game....the hat!
100_9821-1.jpg

I did manage five wheats...1926, 1928, 1941 and 1953, a couple of purdy good bullets and two more tax tokens to add to my collection! ;D

Just happy to have had the opportunity to go out and play. :) Hope you all have a great weekend!!!

Find something good!!! Nana ;)

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks ya'll. :-*

:D Careful there, Jer. You gave your secrets to Lance! :o Hope to see him posting more too!! ;D

mastereagle22 said:
Nana since we are buds I just want to say one thing. . .

I told you so!!!

Remember the CTH when you were just going to toss all those shotgun shell head stamps?? Some people collect those and pay money for rare ones. Always clean up what you find before tossing it. I found a piece of mystery metal the other day at a hunt, started to toss it but decided to run it under water. Turns out it was a reed to a harmonica. Not a great find in and of itself but it does tell me to go back and look at that place again, especially since it was the same place BB found his little tag thing with the C and W on it.

I wonder how many people have thrown away something that was actually a good find?

Your finds are very cool. I would love to go somewhere and find that quality of buttons, the monopoly piece is cool and I KNOW there are memebers on this forum that still haven't found their FIRST wheat penny. Keep swinging and try and do what I was doing when I first started and then just went back to, look at your finds with the wonder of a child. You would be amazed at how GREAT your finds become when you do that. (It helps that I have a 2 y/o that loves to go through my finds with me and is always excited even at the pulltabs) ;D :D :D ;D

Look at those rings. Those are trumpet parts in the top of your post, you just have great stuff that I would love to be able to find.

Good job and great post.
LD

I know, I know. :P :D I am very guilty of just tossing relics aside if they didn't meet my expectations at the time. VERY bad thing to do. I just had to readjust a little, that's all. ;D AND I wanted to make sure there wasn't anyone else falling into that bad habit either. ;) Wonder of a child.....good advice, ME! :)

Mona Lisa said:
Great post, Nana.....it reminds us all to really look at what we're diggin....like we did when we first started detecting.

I love the key....and the rings look pretty nice, too....and the buckles. I'll take those.....and .................. ;)

Um...your choice of background.....Nanners? Are you taking a trip to Warsaw soon?? ;)

Done been, girl! WarsawDaddy had us over as his guests after the CTH. This was one of the brochures I had picked up while sightseeing and it was the closest thing on hand when I was taking the pictures. :D

halfdime said:
I've heard that statistics are like bikinis: what they reveal is interesting, what they conceal is vital! The same way with some of our finds; sometimes, there is just enough dirt to conceal some very interesting things. In your case, that seems to have happened. Nice finds!
Yeah. You could look at that way too, 1/2. ;D
SHERMANVILLE ILLINOIS said:
Nana,

neat group of finds.

Always interesting going over
past finds. What you found and memories
of where you found it.

Thanks for posting.

have a good un........
SHERMANVILLE

True, true, Sherm. :)

Thanks again for the replies. Don't forget to look with 'the wonder of a child'. :)

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Thats funny I found a suspender strap the other day thought it was trash, It had a nice designe on it and was pat 1865, Thought it was cool, What about those rings they look very cool?

eddiebhome

Greenie
Jun 5, 2005
Clay, Alabama
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT-e
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Way to go Nana. Even though we sometimes only find junk, it's still like Forest Gump said, it's like a box of chocolates, you never know what you're going to get. Wish I could have gotten out today. But there is always tomorrow. ;D

weasel606

Silver Member
Jan 28, 2007
West Virginia, USA
Detector(s) used
Minelab Xterra 70 ,Bounty Hunter Landstar, Garrett ACE 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
very nice finds nana ! i started in this hobby just for fun but lately i need to remind myself of the feeling i got when i found my first wheat ;) so i'm not expecting to find anything great but if i do alot of people will here me yell ! and you did real good not throughing those things out congrats ;)

bookfisher

Bronze Member
Jun 18, 2005
Long Island, New York
Your right. What you thought were just a bunch of measley, average finds turned out to have a few interesting sleepers in there. I guess I better take another look at my uncleaned flat buttons.

Noodle

Bronze Member
Jul 20, 2005
N Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
<yawn> Nanners, you are sooooooo, soooooooo, ah, precious. I found a wheat two years ago, and a couple of iron things the other day. Now and then I feel so ... challenged. Would you come play with me sometime so we can both ... ah ... mellow out? :-* :-* -Noodle :D :) ;D

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TC...got kiddie rings and a 18KHGE. :D Better than a poke in the eye! ;D :D Congrats on that suspender strap. I love to find those!

WSDaddy.... ;D You are TOO kind! :-*

ED! How are you! You're right...ya never know. Been huntin' lately?

Weasel...I'm looking for that post! ;)

Thank you Fisher...let us know what you find!

Nicky Baby! You just know how to say all the right things. :-* ;D

Noodle...uhhhh...precious? :D I'm quite sure my family could come up with a different word to describe me! :D I'd come hunting with you any time! ;) Matter of fact....when I head to RR's place, you come along too. We'll all go huntin'. ;)

Thank you Merf. :)

rebelLT

Feb 26, 2007
SE Kansas
Detector(s) used
Explorer SE PRO, XLT, Teknetics Omega
I think that stuff is awesome. I always say better than a sharp stick in the eye. I like the little hat. Reminds me of the monopoly game. I guess someone REALLY wanted to be the car instead of the hat. BTW. I found a little something that the Mrs. and I owe you. You gave us one at the CTH so I guess we owe you one. PM us with you mailing address and we will send it.

Attachments

• 111207 001.jpg
    111207 001.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 528
  • 111207 002.jpg
    111207 002.jpg
    40.5 KB · Views: 523

gary s fl

Mar 21, 2005
Birmingham Alabama
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Explorer II, Excalibur, Aquasound, TDI, GB 2, Quick-triggered CZ-21, AU-21, G2, Comprade 7" & 5.5"
Primary Interest:
Other
Nana,
That's a great week's haul of interesting items. Your headed for the MXT hall of fame. Thanks for sharing your finds. HH Gary

OP
OP
Nana40

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
AWWW! Rebel! No way! Not unless you've found a bunch of 'em! ;D Thanks! The reason I gave them was to make sure I got to meet everyone that attended. Last year there were some hunters that I missed out on meeting and I was mad at myself for not. So this year I asked Burdie for everyone's name and looked in my vault to see what I had enough of to share. I had enough tokens for everyone to have one and I got to meet you all. ;) I didn't have a bunch of one certain thing.... except tokens, shotgun shells or bullets! ;D :D Wasn't too difficult to decide. ;D

Thank you Gary! How are you doing! All well yet? :)

Nana

gary s fl

Mar 21, 2005
Birmingham Alabama
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, CTX 3030, Explorer II, Excalibur, Aquasound, TDI, GB 2, Quick-triggered CZ-21, AU-21, G2, Comprade 7" & 5.5"
Primary Interest:
Other
Nana,
I'm healed enough. Doc would have been PO'd if he knew I was detecting less than week after the surgery but glad I did. Found a couple of V-nickels and merc on edge. I'm ready to head up your way with James when you and (Jitterbug?) are ready. Keep that MXT a swingin. Gary

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You have some nice finds there Nana................Thanks for sharing them with us. :)

The Seeker

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions