crazyjarhead

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2007
N. San Diego County
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny you mention that because my right elbow burns too, on the inside at the joint. I wondered where that came from.

DigginThePast

Gold Member
Dec 31, 2008
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish I could help with a home remedy. From helping a friend build a tie wall I got a bad case of tennis elbow last year, I must have pounded in a couple hundred 12" spikes over a couple days. The burning was brutal and took about 6 months to go away.

I couldn't swing a detector or a hammer for that matter but the biggest effect was in my off hand pistol shooting. :D

Hopefully someone has some advice, I have a feeling that it will be one of those things that keeps coming back.

Dano Sverige

Silver Member
Aug 10, 2009
SWEDEN
Detector(s) used
(on the dry)Minelab ETRAC, backup x-terra 305.(in the wet ) Minelab Excalibur II
You're lucky. Us beach detectorists get it in both elbows due to using sand scoops at 6lb and upwards a time..and a lot heavier when filled with sand,especially wet sand! My elbows are a mess, lol.
I don't bother (laziness) but heard push ups before and after can help. Also keep an eye out for tick bites. Lyme disease effects the joints.

adeptr

Aug 4, 2010
Elkhart, Indiana
Detector(s) used
Older Garrett GTA 350, Newer Garrett AT Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had this a couple of years ago and couldn't hardly do anything without the pain. I ended up going to a rhumetologist (sp) and got a cortisone shot in the area and almost immediately got relief. This would be a quicker but more costly way of solving the problem.

Rockin Chairs Gold

Dec 18, 2010
Central Illinois
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Pro Coil, SunRay X 5.5, S.E.F. 6x8, Excalibur II
Back in the 70's & 80's it was a common problem with the heavier metal detectors we swung back then. Some times I would have to give up metal detecting for weeks at a time. Once it got so bad I got a knot on my elbow and the elbow felt hot to the touch, couldn't sleep at night and I finally went to the doctor and got a cortisone shot in the elbow, With in 48 hours the swelling and pain was gone. :coffee2: Rick

rusty nail

Aug 3, 2010
south eastern michigan
Detector(s) used
white's
hey sorry i didnt get on the whites chat somthing is scewy with my set up.but i had the same thing with my elbow i went to the doctors and he told me to take fish oil. it worked took about a week and then never had another pain in my elbow.

Eric Willoughby

Jun 4, 2009
Detector(s) used
Currently Pilfered!
This is going to sound stupid, but I had an old mountain woman here tell me the old time treatment for joint and ligament pain was to cut a brown paper bag down to a large sheet, soak it in vinegar and wrap your affected area with it.

lumix

Jun 11, 2005
Rhode Island
Eric Willoughby said:
This is going to sound stupid, but I had an old mountain woman here tell me the old time treatment for joint and ligament pain was to cut a brown paper bag down to a large sheet, soak it in vinegar and wrap your affected area with it.

Did it work?

CrazySlasher

Jul 6, 2010
SS of MA.
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab CTX 3030, Minelab E-Trac w/Sunray probe and 15' WoTcoil.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Believe or not here is something that worked for heel spurs in both heels and neuroma in my right foot, your pain is due to inflammation.

Box of white (golden) raisins. Will not work with brown raisins....

Pint of Gin. Pint of gin will do one large box of raisins with some left over...

Put the raisins in a container, pour in the gin till you completely cover the raisins with the gin. Let it set for about 7 days until the alcohol evaporates.....

Eat at least a tablespoon of the raisins every day.....

I tried everything to get rid of the heel spurs, I could hardly walk when I first got out of bed and again at the end of the day from being on my feet all day. I bought every insert advertised for it and none of it worked. I read about this one day and thought, what the heck it is worth a try.......

10 days after starting this, all of the pain stopped in both feet....

At the time my mom was still alive and she had terrible arthritis in her hands, wrists and elbows. I got her to try it again about 10 days later all her pain went away, it worked for her up until shortly before her death......

To this day I keep a container of raisins prepared this way in my fridge....... :icon_thumright:

mlayers

Gold Member
Oct 29, 2007
Northern, OH
Detector(s) used
DFX, White PI, Bounty Hunter, Whites Surfmaster II and Excalibur II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I got a cream from my Dr's that helps a lot.....Matt

Orange Crush

Feb 14, 2011
Bismarck, ND
Detector(s) used
Garrett GTI 2500, Garrett Pro-Pointer, Bounty Hunter Tracker II
If you have tennis elbow go get a Band It. You can usually find them in your local drug stores. It fits on your arm and works for a lot of people when the directions are followed. You see a lot of basketball players using them. People swear by them and they only cost about $20.00. Here is a link: http://banditelbowbrace.com/ Hope this helps.

Attachments

• band-it-therapeutic-tennis-elbow-brace.PRO100.1.800.jpg
    band-it-therapeutic-tennis-elbow-brace.PRO100.1.800.jpg
    54.9 KB · Views: 495

mick56

Bronze Member
Jun 2, 2007
Southern Wisconsin
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
ATPro
Tennis elbow is a name for tendonitis, which is an inflamation of the tendons. Not a lot you can do for it, complete rest is recomended. Can take up to 6 months to go away.

Chug And Red

Gold Member
Feb 18, 2010
Vancouver WA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Chug)Whites Classic 5 ID, (Red Whites Coin master Pro)

Chug and Reds New Additions

Give It Up>> Garrett's AT Pro
Buttercup>> Garrett's Ace 250
Show Me the Money>> Garrets Ace 400
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Allot of good advise was posted for you;
1 more to think about I have had similar issues!!! Use the other arm for awhile every time you go out maybe 20 minutes or so then stop, the next time you go out do the same, over time It will help your other arm because you are not using it for awhile!!! Don't over use it and gradually strengthen it up I know that its awkward but it give your other arm a break and you can keep swinging You will need to make shorter swings until you get used to it Hope it Helps Chug

Just remember to Stretch before going out also It helps allot!!! hands, elbows, shoulders, lowerback, and Legs

BandB1

Bronze Member
Jul 11, 2008
SE Michigan
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Had a pained elbow last year, stretching is what fixed it for me.

I'd extend the affected arm out straight w/ palm facing up, then grab my fingers with my other hand and bend hand at wrist downwards. You can feel tendons stretching in the crook of your elbow, hold like that for a minute or so, repeat several times, two or three times a day.

mrwilburino

May 7, 2010
Northern Ohio
Detector(s) used
Fisher, Teknetics, Minelab, XP
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
R.I.C.E

Rest
Ice
Compression
Elevation

Try using an ice pack wrapped in a thin towel on the area for 15-20 minutes. After that, wrap it firmly in an ace bandage - but not so tight that your arm starts to turn purple. Try keeping it elevated by resting it on something above heart level during icing and immediately afterward. Do this once or twice a day. The key is to get excess fluid out of irritated tissues so the area can heal. That "Band-It" thing could work also. So could massage, stretching, and a shot of cortisone (as other posters mentioned). The worst part is you need to put down the detector until it gets better. If you're still using the V3, you might want to get a lighter detector to supplement your hunting time with.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread