Upvote 0

Digginman

Silver Member
Mar 12, 2005
Stephens City, Virginia
Detector(s) used
Treasure Ace250 Tesoro Cibola
Get yourself a Sniper Coil, or do what I would do:

Dig Everything!!!! You will find better stuff as the junk gets taken out.

DM

Jeffro

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2005
Eugene, Oregon
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ5, White's GM VSat
I have this river 'beach' I've been working for three visits now. Still haven't got the surface trash gone, but I am finding some decent stuff. Nothing exciting yet though. Get a hit every couple inches to a foot or so, do a lot of digging, curse the pulltabs and bottle caps.

Haven't struck wheat yet, or silver, but getting close. early 1960 cents galore...

Keep at it Ivy... if you have to, break out a rake! Tough not to get impatient though.

Try this..... pick a five foot bt five foot section where it seems to be the trashiest. Work your way down through the trash in this one square only. Go over it several times, from different directions. Once the trash is pretty much gone, crank up the sensitivity and see what comes out.

This MAY be an indicator of whether or not you want to pursue it further.

If nothing special comes, well then maybe you'll hit another square and see again?

If something good does come, you'll be jazzed enough to take on another square regardless!

It's all about motivation and patience to make the good finds.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Jeffro gave good advice. Also the use of a very small coil, "Sniper" will help with the pinpointing one piece of trash from a coin.

I know using a rake seems like a waste of time, but sometimes it is the only way to get the coil to see the good stuff.

Sandman

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread