Garret sea hunter xl 200

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Hi I just got a used Xl Garrett my
question is about gold rings (I have only barly checked it out) It seems so far that to find gold rings I will have to stay on 0 with the eliminator and thus dig alot of pull tabs,the silver I checked it on was Loud and Clear the new nickledident even peap does this sound correct. I really got it for under water but hate the thought of missing GOLD. Thanks.

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Gold rings, about 90% of them anyway, fall into the conductivity range of pull tabs. So if you want the rings, you have to dig a lot of tabs. Silver being more conductive will sound off louder and you might not be able to not hear them. Not going off on a new nickle sounds weird. I haven't checked the new nickels, but the old ones sound off well.

It's best to check out a bunch of different targets on a clean piece of ground and see where and how they behave at what settings.

HH,
Sandman

OP
OP
texan connection

texan connection

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2006
Texas
Detector(s) used
Minlabe SE, ace 250, fisher 1280x
Hi, Thanks sand man I called Garrett today and they confirmed what you said. This unit was actually refurbished by them less than 2 months ago I am dying to go under water. I got a hooka set up and am planning a shallow water hunt here in somerville (Texas at a park, swimming beach) I have found some stuff there and am itchin to go a little deeper, The water is down now also. Thanks agien Albert

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread