Detecting Deeper

hikerdude

Jan 31, 2013
Palmdale, California
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter 2200 Elite
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Bounty Hunter Elite 2200, with an eight inch coil. The most I can detect coins is about 7 inches. Is there a coil that will help me get down deeper? When I am detecting and hit a signal, and dig down maybe 3 or 4 inches and hit an old sprinkler, that tells me there's a layer of dirt added and maybe if I could detect deeper, I might be able to find those old coins?

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe there is a 10" coil that goes deeper. But the coil it comes with is the best. Most finds are in the 5-6" inch range in the trashy areas. But in the open fields you should get 10" inches with the 8" inch coil. You are probably missing stuff, but so aren't we all. Remember, hit the parks early and just work the surface and new finds. You can spend all day digging, or just moving dirt with your foot. Also check signals with your pinpointer, its up to you. I have dug some deep holes in the park, but I don't like to. Hope this helps, kellyco may have the coil your looking for, but remember, more coil, more signal too. 10" inch coils aren't for trashy areas.

bevo

Bronze Member
Oct 3, 2010
eastern wa
Detector(s) used
minelab eureka,fisher f2,ace 150,fisher gold tick,whites coin classic II
And also remember the shape of your detection field is conical. And at its deepest how small of an area is detected.

pennyfarmer

Oct 12, 2006
West Haven, UT
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A layer of dirt has not necessarily been added. Those old sprinklers generally get deeper the same way many coins get deeper. Decaying grass clippings have been deposited. 7 inches on a coin is pretty dang deep.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions