thecolonel

May 1, 2013
Hampstead, NH
Detector(s) used
Whites ID
Tesoro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Summer is upon us and picnic groves are open for business. Perhaps the wife wants you to spend time with her and the kids at the picnic grove...WITHOUT YOUR DETECTOR for once. Here is what I have figured out over the years. There is something that I call the "sweet line". And it has the potential of producing treasures without the use of your detector. I have noticed that this sweet line exists at virtually any parking area, paved or dirt. This sweet line occurs at the point where the drivers door (any door actually) of the vehicle lines up with the ground. Give yourself 5' back from where the very front of the car would be. Drivers and passengers get out of cars and drop stuff during the disembarkment process. The line is repeated at the trunk are of the vehicle when people are taking folding chairs, picnic baskets, beach towels, etc.. out of the trunk or rear hatch area.
Look at my cheesy diagram to see what I am talking about. (Not just for picnic groves). When I am walking on dirt, I am always looking down for that dropped coin or ring. You, being a metal detectorist and treasure hunter may be trained to do the same. I have found rings, earrings, bracelets and coins using this method of treasure hunting. Try it. IT WORKS. You may not find treasure everytime, (you dont with the detector either some days, but this gets you looking in the right line of focus....the sweet line! Remember guys, "A happy wife is a happy life!" Good luck.:laughing7:

sweetline.jpg

doc-d

Bronze Member
May 19, 2013
Pacific Northwest
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wise words......we need to keep the wife happy, if we hope to be happy......
Amazing your wife lets you walk around even without the MD

Normsel

Bronze Member
Sep 10, 2012
D'Iberville MS
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
E-Trac
Equinox 800
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I have found the same thing but with my detector. I always hit parking lots at the parks, ball fields and anywhere I detect. I never found anything special but in one parking area I picked up about $4 in clad and most often from 50 cents to $2. Another good place is near concession stands at parks and ball fields. I love to dig fairground parking areas as well.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread