Detecting for Treasures inquiery

knzhunter

Feb 9, 2008
hello all
I m new here and would like to have information about treasure hunting , i am hunting for gold , silver burried boxes , i would like to know which is the best Detector for that , i have read a lot about detectors and i am intending to purchase a Gems OKM , if anyone knows about this detector or has it already , is it good for finding burried Treasures and especially gold and Silver? i would like to know if it is good to locate burred stuff 20 feet deep? i am not going to searh at random in large places, i have some specific targeted places .
thank you
knzhunter

grizzly bare

Aug 30, 2005
Warrenton, VA
Detector(s) used
Garrett CX II/Sovereign SX-2a Pro/Quattro
knz,
Which of the OKM's were you interested in? The German company makes excellent equipment which will do a fine job of deep seeking.In the opinion of several on this site, OKM, while terrific for large deep buried caches, are limited in the ability to find coins and other smaller items.
If you truly think that you have an idea where large caches are to be found, the OKM series is probably a good choice. If you are trying to find a cache by luck or just looking, you might first try a quality hand-held detector. Not an advertisement, but Tony ofCt and Dallas are both members on here and are terrific guys to talk to about detectors.

grizzly bare

Timberwolf

Silver Member
Sep 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Eagle II SL90/Eagle Spectrum/TF-900
Knz,

I'm certainly not an expert on cache hunting, but I wasn't aware of a detector that would detect 20' deep.
The two-box machines such as the Whites TM-808 and the Discovery TF-900 should detect a target 3' to 6' deep, depending on it's size. I believe if the target is as large as a car, these machines will detect them down to about 10' deep.

You might want to go to the Cache Hunting Forum and visit with those fellows :)

Timberwolf

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread