Detecting Milwaukee 9-16-12, Me N Wife try something different

Schemp

Apr 11, 2011
Milwaukee
Detector(s) used
AT Pro/ Ace 350
We detected an old school from 1875 and literally struck out. We spent almost 2 hours there and could not muster up a single thing. We left after I found plugs left from another detectorist. We figured that school has been picked clean by now, specially since I found older and newer plugs.

Being a little bummed out we decided to head to the river and see if maybe we could find another bottle, chunk of brass or any coins in the park above. We dug into the side of the river bank at a certain spot where there was shards everywhere and came away with some real nice bottles. There used to be an old sugar mill or factory right where we found these and they all date to right about when it was there, 1890s or so. Found a little over a dollar in clad in the park as well.

One of the bottles we think might be worth something though. It says DR GRAVES UNEQUALLED TOOTH POWDER CHICAGO, and is redish looking. in awesome shape with no cracks or anything that we can see. Also found an old ceramic pipe and some more jar lids. Are these old bottles worth anything or are we wasting our time? We are selling our finds to pay for the detectors, once paid off we will keep our finds or upgrade :)

Attachments

• dig3.JPG
    dig3.JPG
    58 KB · Views: 92
Upvote 1

shane41

Sep 7, 2006
Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Ace 250 . Bounty Hunter, Vibra Probe 570 Garrett Pin Pointer AT PRO
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice find of bottles... I also live in Milwaukee. Never tried my luck at bottle hunting.. Had a good day today coin hunting. plus dug up a nice 925 silver ring..
Hope we both have some good hunts before Old Man Winter sets in.. Good hunting Shane

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread