Detecting/mining caves/mt climbing/gold paning

Z

zeuss69

Me, xXx,and DarrenNC went Camping on the river Tue. and Wed. in the Uwharrie forest.We had a great time there and did a lot of exploring.Did a little of everything the Detecting didn't turn out as good as we had hoped but had fun anyway!!We also found a bunch of mines and shafts that we got to walk through and explore.It was an awesome experience for i had a great time!!!!We found supersized quarts veins with terminated crystals.There was so much quarts bulging out of the mountain that it looked as if it had snow about 300 yards wide and 3 or 400 yards high up the mt.I also want to say that it was nice meeting darrenNC for the first time he's a great person.If anyone ever gets a chance to hunt with XxX or darrenNC they are excellent dudes fun to treasure hunt with and very knowledgable guys.Had a great time would love to do it again!!! heres some picks. xXx has the rest of the picks with caves and mines.Hell put them on later tonight about 10:00 or so if not tomorrow he on his way home from here.The picks that he has is worth looking at so please check back and view them.

ZEUSS69

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Z

zeuss69

Sorry guys will have to wait on xXx the camra that i used the pictures are to large to many kbs.To put on the sight but hell get them on real soon.

varmint

Jan 23, 2005
Lawrenceville, GA
Re: For XP users, Powerytoy Image Resizer

Go to the microsoft website at the following link, and dowload and install the Image Resizer Powertoy. Once installed, all you have to do to resize an image it to right-click on it, select Resize Images, then select the size you want. Even gives you an option to replace the original should that suit your needs.

http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/downloads/powertoys/xppowertoys.mspx

DAS

searcher

Oct 4, 2004
Hill Country TEXAS
Detector(s) used
White's. Old, yellow but still waterproof!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
heres another freeware site that has a few good picture file size reducers.
www.freewarehome.com
just find the photo resizers. the one i have had the most ratings, is real easy to use, and works fine. it will reduce to whatever size i want...! H.resizerH. searcher

Darren in NC

Silver Member
Apr 1, 2004
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Sand Shark, Homebuilt pulse loop
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
I've never been much of a prospector, but I loved exploring the old mines and walking the creeks. I sure picked a couple of cool guys to hang with, too. Zeuss is a gemologist and gold dredger. xXx is a md'er and treasure man. Great guys to team up with. No one will get rich in the Uwharrie, but it is beautiful there and in the surrounding area. The folks who live there are friendly, too.

And get this, the National Forest WILL let you bring a metal detector as long as you stop by the Ranger office and get a permit. It's good for one acre of hunting. Anyone else have the same experience at other National Forest sites?

Darren

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Multiple land, beach, underwater and specialty units
I finally made it home. Charlotte traffic slammed me again, but didn't make too bad of time. I always enjoy hunting with Zeuss69 (even though I'm not to much of a prospector either). I'm sure we'll be working together much more soon. It was also great meeting DarrenNC. He's a great hunter (and a computer remembering names and places). I hope to hunt with you again soon also and would like to work with you on many more "better planned" projects. (sorry we were denied permission by the city of Salsbury to hunt the old drained swimming hole).
Here's the photo's from the last couple days.
enjoy.
xXx

Attachments

• David&Ken camp.jpg
    David&Ken camp.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 1,393
  • Ken Det. outhouse.jpg
    Ken Det. outhouse.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 1,282
  • Darren det. outhouse.jpg
    Darren det. outhouse.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 1,337
  • Darren&Ken det. outhouse.jpg
    Darren&Ken det. outhouse.jpg
    62.5 KB · Views: 1,339
  • David det. house2.jpg
    David det. house2.jpg
    57.9 KB · Views: 1,387
  • Darren&Ken camp.jpg
    Darren&Ken camp.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 1,372

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Here's more photos.

Attachments

• Darren&Ken cave.jpg
    Darren&Ken cave.jpg
    57.5 KB · Views: 1,392
  • David&Ken1.jpg
    David&Ken1.jpg
    62 KB · Views: 1,345
  • David det. well.jpg
    David det. well.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 1,291

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Last set of photos. I promise.
I wish we had gotten photos of all the bat's hanging from the ceiling of the caves.

Attachments

• ken in cave.jpg
    ken in cave.jpg
    23 KB · Views: 1,235
  • Ken&Darren1.jpg
    Ken&Darren1.jpg
    53.7 KB · Views: 1,357
  • David cave.jpg
    David cave.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 1,569
P

parttime_miner

Like to look into caves...

Got any more cave picks???

xXx

Nov 17, 2004
back in Indiana again
Detector(s) used
Here's a photo to one of the caves openings. I think my camera card filled up because the last few photos we took didn't make it to the camera.

Attachments

• cave opening.jpg
    cave opening.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 2,901

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Guys, thanks for sharing. Easy to tell you all had fun-know you didn't find much but you can't buy that kind of friendship. Best of luck on your next excursion. HH

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great Pics, Cool Sites. Should be productive. HAPPY HUNTING ; jeff

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That was great...

what an awesome adventure, fun too the max! Thanks for showing the trip. Did you guys stick your detectors down inside that outhouse? HH, Mike

D

Darod

Great pics guys!

Were you guys able to find anything at all with your MD's?

Rod

OP
OP
Z

zeuss69

We didn't fine much but an old knife some pennies the rest was trash and or nothing.The ground was so rich in the areas that some times your metal detector couldn't help but go off with rich soiled minerals in the ground a lot of the gold here is blended in to the dirt or melted into the slate and quarts you would have had a rock crusher and mercury to do any good lots of hard rock mining.But there is quit a bit of gold in all the creeks and rivers ill be getting my wet suit heater soon ill be back with my dredge.did some panning and found gold so its present in the water To much to do and only a little time to do it well have to make several trips to see it all.But we had a great time at least i know i did could have stayed a week.

kenb

Bronze Member
Dec 3, 2004
Long Island New York
Detector(s) used
White's XLT
Zeuss, That looks like a great place!!, how old are the mines around there and when were they abandoned? I'm sure you guys had a great time, and I'm looking very forward to hooking up in the spring or summer. Thanks for the posts and pics.
kenb

coinshooter

Bronze Member
Mar 20, 2003
So. Cal.
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Man, I can't believe you guys had a house that looked like that and weren't able to find at least one old coin!
That looks like a dream place for stuff like that. Looks like you had a bunch of fun though. 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions