Detector advice

blackbeard81

Dec 8, 2012
Dillsburg Pa
Primary Interest:
Prospecting
Ok so here's my problem I'm new to metal detecting I don't have one yet and this is why I joined this forum.I live in central pa I'm looking for a metal detector that's good for coin,relic and maybe gold my price range is under 400$.Ive been reading so many reviews its making my head spin.ive been looking at the garrett ace 350 and whites coin master gt so any advice would be appreciated.

Bart@Big Boys Hobbies

Supporting Vendor
Supporting Vendor
Jul 24, 2005
Moore Oklahoma
Detector(s) used
Call for your Treasurenet special discount! Be sure to mention Tnet when you call!
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok so here's my problem I'm new to metal detecting I don't have one yet and this is why I joined this forum.I live in central pa I'm looking for a metal detector that's good for coin,relic and maybe gold my price range is under 400$.Ive been reading so many reviews its making my head spin.ive been looking at the garrett ace 350 and whites coin master gt so any advice would be appreciated.

Feel free to give me a ring. Be glad to help you on your search.

Terry Soloman

Gold Member
May 28, 2010
White Plains, New York
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Nokta Makro Legend// Pulsedive// Minelab GPZ 7000// Vanquish 540// Minelab Pro Find 35// Dune Kraken Sandscoop// Grave Digger Tools Tombstone shovel & Sidekick digger// Bunk's Hermit Pick
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting

Hosensack

Apr 20, 2007
Mertztown, Pa
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac, Safari,X-Terra 705, Tesoro Tejon, Whites DFX, Garrett AT Pro, GTI 2500, 250, Fisher Gold Bug DP,F75 Limited
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For that price range Terry is correct.

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You need to read reviews and watch YouTube video's more. Terry's suggestion of the Cibola is a good one. You will have more fun and finds with it than many of the others.

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would also suggest the Tesoro Silver uMax for about $260. Nothing fancy, just effective, plus you will learn the correct way which is to listen to tones and not stare at a display. You won't have a lot of jing invested if you decide beep and dig is not for you. For the money you be guaranteed a great machine.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread