CZ3D VS. Safari Vs. MXT Pro

fella

Bronze Member
Oct 24, 2012
Wisc
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
You still on the fence? Seems like you have different models you are considering every week with the MXTP being the only constant. Get it!
Fast, deep, great on batteries, easy to learn, multi tone, 3 great search modes, it will find small gold (lets see the Safari do that), top customer service... why wait any further?

I didn't realize how good the MXTP was until bought "better" detectors. (Minelab E-Trac & Spectra V series). The MXT Pro will hang with either plus it's a monster gold machine.
It's the cure for the Koolaid.

OP
OP
rainyday101

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Tejon, Tesoro Silver uMax, Tesoro Tiger Shark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Yep still on the damn fence! Problem is I can't get it for about a month and I spend too much time reading on the net. The thing is- there a quite a few great machines out there right now. I am still leaning towards the MXT Pro though. Watching You Tube videos though you get to see some other deep machines and it gets ya thinking. I have to buy a water detector and another for the kids, so I only get one shot at getting this one right! Just want to make sure I get the deepest and best for my money.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
sounds like a used white's tdi, should be on the list then. you can find them cheaper than a brand-new mxt pro, or safari. and that detector will smoke-em all.

liftloop

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The longer you wait the more time the manufactures have of coming out with a "new Better Detector." Actually they are all about the same except for the features and the warranty's. Tesoro has a Life Time Warranty which you will prpbably never need to use. If you like to leave good targets in the ground, stick with detectors that have screens.

OP
OP
rainyday101

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks Sandman about the advice on the display. I have been currently retraining myself with a Silver uMax to learn tones. Didn't get a lot of time before the frost and snow hit but was surprised at what you could learn from a single tone. With a display I wouldn't hunt from the display. but would use it as secondary info to confirm what I thought the tone was telling me. Decisions to dig would definitely not be based on the display. With the Silver I could get a good idea of depth before digging by just raising the coil above the ground, sweeping, and see how high I got before loosing the tone. I have been watching CZ3D vids on you tube and am quite impressed with detector. If staying just with tone I would also have to consider the Vaquero or a Cibola with ground mod.

OP
OP
rainyday101

rainyday101

Dec 1, 2012
Peshtigo, Wisconsin
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
ps249 I see your in Saginaw, I was there this summer doing some work at a new windfarm. What is mineralization there and what kind of depth are you getting on coins?

Trackerman

Jan 23, 2009
Detector(s) used
Whites Dual Field Pi/Whites Dfx/ Garrett At Pro/Garrett Ace 250/ Whites M6/ Detector Pro Pirate /Tesoro Sand Shark/
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV/ Bounty Hunter Tracker II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If your gonna do silver and coins the Safari smokes the Mxt. The safaris signagraph id is way nicer than the Mxts id system.Now if your gonna do gold prospecting and jewlry hunting the Mxt should have an edge and that's not saying the the Safari is bad for jewelry by any means because it not. Now for the beach I'd say the Safari is way nicer and quieter.

Last edited:

LuckyLarry

Dec 16, 2005
Sweet Home, Oregon
Detector(s) used
I had to sideline for awhile, too much quarreling, brand defensiveness, and seeing certain people waging war on others. It got to be too silly for me after awhile..
Primary Interest:
Other
If you want deep silver, then a PI goes almost as deep as a Blisstool. Why fool around with less than the best?

Jersey Hunter

Dec 27, 2011
Barnegat, NJ
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 SE and G2, Garrett AT-Pro, Garrett Pro Pointer, Lesche digger and Relic Hunter Shovel.
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have to agree with Sandman, My Vaquero is the one detector that is always with me. If one of the others I'm using isn't working, I go back to the Vaquero. It can't be beat.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread