detector is acting up after second day out

tony24

Feb 27, 2005
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
fisher 1236 x2, cibola,BH quickdraw 2
So I buy a sharp shooter 2 off ebay. I recieved it a few days later. It was well package and had batteries in it. The previous owner says they only used it a few times and it just sat in their closet for a while... It was in very good condition, had a coil cover with no scratches on it. I take it outside on day 1.It worked fine. The second day I take it out it was wet outside. So I am detecting and noticed it was very quiet while detecting. I had the sens. all the way up and disc. all the way down. So I look down and would see the meter jump but no sound. I would get sound on somethings but not everything. Sometimes I would press the coil up to the ground and it would beep. So i turn it off and turn it back on and it would beep endlessly on the air and the ground. I would press ground track and it would quiet down for a minute then endless beeping. I dk if i broke the thing by taking it out in the wet ground. But the control box wasnt wet at all just the coil was drenched and inside the coil cover had water in it. What can be wrong with it. Anyone ever had any problems like this b4??

Upvote 0

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just might need fresh batteries. When you insert them make sure you do it right. See if that helps.

Good Luck,
Sandman

thrillathahunt

Silver Member
Jul 24, 2006
TEXAS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My son had this exact same problem with his Tracker 4. It would work great as long as he didn't detect wet grassy ground...if he did it would start going crazy. So, I put a glob of clear silicone caulk around the coil/wire connector and it seemed to help. I suspect that the connection on his was not 100% water tight.

OP
OP
tony24

tony24

Feb 27, 2005
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
It dried out and the beeping stopped.. Guess Ill try new batteries anyway to see if that helps with the other things it is doing

OP
OP
tony24

tony24

Feb 27, 2005
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
figured it out. I was detecting in all metal mode which is like the pinpoint. I was wondering why it was giving me only one tone b4. I should have read the manual. :tongue3:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions