detector issue: non stop random signals and noise

Rumblebelly

Jan 20, 2007
Detector(s) used
(RS)Discovery 2000, white's bullseye, NEW DFX!!!
Hello all,

I went to use my detectors this weekend to find a nail that flew off in my back yard as I was building some rock sorting sreen boxes.

I put batteries in my radio shack bounty hunter, turned it on a got random non stop signals and alerts, on the ground in the air, did not matter.

I charged up the battery for me DFX, same problem,non stop random signals and noise, no change in program settings. I used this about 3 months ago and had no problems. I store them in a closed wood base under the bed on the floor. non too hot, not too cold, no moisture build up or dust? I'm going to call white's tomorrow ... has any of this happened to anyone?

I'm just surprised it happened to both detectors at the same time? I don't need the dogs to set on the nail.

I have detected the yard many times and there is definately not that much metal in the ground there.

Thank you for any help
Rumblebelly

Rawhide

Silver Member
Nov 17, 2010
SouthWestern USA
Detector(s) used
Nox 800, Etrac, F75, AT Pro. Last two for sale.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My Bounty Hunter will do that if I put the 9 volt batterys in wrong. I dont know much about the other detector.

HobbyMan

Sep 7, 2013
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, XP DEUS, Golden Mask 4 Pro, Teknetics Eurotek Pro 11'' DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
If this happens with two detectors, can be some interference problems. Try the detectors on another place away from any electronic devices. As well make sure that you do not have some 3G or 4G mobile device in your pocket.

punkass761

Jun 10, 2012
SOUTHERN California
Detector(s) used
GARRETT ATGOLD, GTP 1350,Ace 250,2 propointers, Whites coinmaster,bounty hunter pioneer ex,radio shack vlf. discriminator fisher pinpointer,hf pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The same thing happened to me this past Sunday with my new garrett at gold with fresh batteries tried replacing batteries then tried putting on stock coil this happened at the third park I hit that day tried again a couple times at home still was going crazy had to send control box and coil to garrett for repair.i checked my other machines thank God all were ok.

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The same thing happened to me this past Sunday with my new garrett at gold with fresh batteries tried replacing batteries then tried putting on stock coil this happened at the third park I hit that day tried again a couple times at home still was going crazy had to send control box and coil to garrett for repair.i checked my other machines thank God all were ok.
Same thing happened to my ATP . In my opionion these machines have more than their fair share of issues.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread