DETECTOR?

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023
Wow, 800 bucks can get you a lot of machine. As most will advise, check the major brands, check their availability and discount status with several online dealers anddo go comparison shopping. As you may see from the posts, the big sellers in that price range are White's, Fishers, Garretts, Tesoros, Troys and Minelabs.

OP
OP
SLICCC

SLICCC

Greenie
Feb 16, 2005
VACAVILLE, CA
thanks!! i have been researching the whites catalog already but i heard that they aren't worth the money. i don't want to buy and expensive m.d. and find out it has problems and i could have bought a similar model for $99.00.

TOWcritter

Welcome to the forum. I just bought a Whites MXT about 2 months ago. I'm new to the hobby but I did my homework before I bought it. It hasn't let me down yet. I'm still learning the ropes but I'm having a blast everytime a coin or relic comes out of the ground. It does a little bit of everything you say you want to do. And no, I don't think it was overpriced. I payed $700 for it and got a bag full of freebies to go with it. Great deal I think. Research as much as possible before you decide. I downloaded a couple different manuals to see how the different machines operated and finally picked the MXT for its relative simplicity. Works for me. Good Luck.

slow sweeper

Jan 7, 2005
Oregon
Now I don't want to get into any arguments and this is strictly MY opinion but...whoever told you that Whites were not worth the money lied to you. Never trust them again!

red

Feb 17, 2005
Lexington, Texas
Detector(s) used
Fisher CZ70, Garrett 500
SLICCC
Get the Whites,Fisher or Garrett in the $400 range and up. If you have to get the BH then use it ti dig with and when it breaks through it away and get yourself a good shovel to big with.

Red

K

Kentucky Kache

I'm getting ready to order a White's DFX. Quite an upgrade from an old Bounty hunter that came over on the Mayflower ;D

J

Jim Cal

Whoever told you the cr*p about White's not being any good doesn't have a clue. All of the major manufactures with links at the top of this page make quality products in various price ranges that perform as promised. There are no 99 dollar detectors I've used that can compete with the mid to upper range detectors from White's, Garrett, Fisher, Tesoro, and others. Get a good one and have some fun! Jim Cal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread