Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Theres a thread on TNET talking about these headphones and how they arent very loud on Equinoxes. They sound great apparently on Explorers and Excals. I thought I would give them a shot, how bad could they be? Generally they have good reviews and DPs spiel about their improved design pushed me to buy them. I bought the amphibians so I can do more water detecting this year, and they were touted as sounding great for land use too.

They fit and feel great. Lots of padding. They deaden sound very well. They seem well built. I plug them in and fire up the Equinox. I put them on and swing over a few silver and copper targets.

Cue sound of air escaping from a balloon.....

These headphones are quiet. I went into the Equinox menu and got to the volume control and uh-oh... Already on level 24. I bump it to 25 and swing again. Still not loud enough for me.

2 options. Return them and buy a pair or Patriots and be done with it..or use them in the water and see how loud they are with the water amplifying the sound a little. If I'm still not happy I could get $120 back on the resale -used.

Either way I'm disappointed for having spent so much money on something that doesnt sound as good as I was hoping. End of rant.

Bayoutalker

Sep 30, 2012
Highlands, TX
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro
Minelab Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The best I've tried on the Nox were made by Tony Eisenhower. A friend bought a pair and I gave them a try. They worked very well.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Funny. I had a set of the first run of Equinox Amphibians. Way too quiet. Seems they fixed that with the II:laughing7:

OP
OP
SultansOfSwing

SultansOfSwing

Dec 28, 2016
NH
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 600 - & ProPointer AT-------

Back Ups: AT Pro, Tesoro Royal Sabre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Funny. I had a set of the first run of Equinox Amphibians. Way too quiet. Seems they fixed that with the II:laughing7:

Thats sure what they claim! Their animation next to their name under vendors says so too. The thread about them on here says equinoxes just happen to be one of the ones that dont get the benefit of their "improved" sound. Due to noise limiters blah blah blah. I hate returning products that arent defective. I dont feel right doing it. Im not one who buys things to try them then return them. I usually do my due diligence before buying something so my expectations arent set too high. Unfortuantely this wasnt one of those times.

I'm going to try them. They make a sound over targets. I can hear them. Its just not as loud as Id like.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread