🥇 BANNER Deus elliptical HF finds 400-300 BC gold earring.

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, XP Deus, Garrett GTI 2500.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi guys!
I hope everyone is doing great.
Lately I decided to add to my Deus the X35 13inch coil and the HF elliptical one. The idea was to find more deep targets and also the tiny silver coins.
Yesterday, I had the flight at 15.20. At 4.30 I was already fully awake. First I thought it was silly but then I jumped on the car and headed to a new site where I have been only twice.
On my way up I decided to use the X35. Reactivity 0, disc - 6.4, 11khz, slow motion and I could find some deeper targets. Amongst them three silver coins too.
When I was on the top of the hill it was already 10 o'clock. I attached the HF coil, Deus hot, sens 97 and made my way down. I was already half way down and I hadn't found any special stuff but 4-5 silver Coins. It was the first time using it and it was not so easy getting used with the sounds.
It was a new sound for me and I prepared the spade but it was right in the surface. First I thought it was a joke. An ancient gold earring on my hand. Crazy. It happened so quickly that I forgot to turn on the camera.
It's an Illyrian gold earring, 400-300 BC. Probably it had a black stone in it and it was broken. P_20180924_102841_1.jpg
P_20181003_105333_1.jpg
This has been my luckiest day. I found the earring and I didn't loose my flight.
Sorry guys, I have to go. Babies are calling.:laughing9:

Last edited:
Upvote 98

Reanm8er

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2018
Shenandoah Valley Va
Detector(s) used
WW2 Mine Detector, 2 Garrets and an Underwater Fisher (Older Machines)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Morning Vince,

I don't think, from what I've read, that the Illyrians were Nubian but they obviously had an appreciation for them as did many cultures in the ancient world. It's part of that Queen of Sheeba mystique.

I also believe that in the ancient world the Hebrews were the masters of goldwork. I've read cryptic accounts from the Egyptians recounting the Exodus that reveal that when the Hebrews left Egypt they took with them a great golden treasure. and that many of the items were work commissioned by Egyptian citizens. That's why Ramses II was so angry. How else could they have made a golden calf?

We know that tradition continues today.

Best Wishes------Phil

bill from lachine

Gold Member
Oct 30, 2011
Quebec
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Vince,

I'm late to the party, however, a belated congratulations on a well deserved banner find.

Regards + HH

Bill

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
A stunning banner find a big congratulations to you.

Davers

Gold Member
Jan 8, 2013
N.of , I-285...GA
Detector(s) used
Whites Spc xlt & Tesoro Tejon- Now back ...Fisher 1266-X. TRX Pointer. New .Teknetics G2 + . New AT Pro .
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s totally amazing!! Maybe the stone is still in the dirt. You could go back with a sifter and go through the dirt.

I thought that same thing.

I wonder if the field was cultivated ? To thing it sat in the ground 100's of years. WOW!

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Special, this ear ring is! Look at the WORK it took, to produce this golden piece of art...! Wow!
Banner, for sure!
Thanks buddy! You are right. I posted a better pic using the lens. :occasion14:

OP
OP
vince76

vince76

Bronze Member
Oct 2, 2015
Macedonia
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That’s totally amazing!! Maybe the stone is still in the dirt. You could go back with a sifter and go through the dirt.
Thanks buddy. Hmmm, I don't think so. It is not a plain area and the earring was on the surface. Maybe the stone was broken 1000 years ago and the ring was 5 meters higher on that hill or it was broken 2000 years ago when it was on the top of the hill. Who knows:dontknow:
I tried it when I found four parts of a gold coin and the fifth, the smallest one was missing. It was impossible.

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I am drooling...Incredible finds. Each one is great, but that gold does deserve banner! [emoji184]

Silver Searcher

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Stunning find indeed, well deserved banner :headbang:

SS

Peyton Manning

Gold Member
Dec 19, 2012
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT-PRO
Sandshark
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I say, Spartan bellybutton ring

Silver Tree Chaser

Bronze Member
Aug 12, 2012
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Exquisite gold earring from 400-300 BC. That's incredible. :o Congrats on making banner.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread