Deus is a ring master!

jdean

Jun 18, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Past- Whites DFX, Whites Spectra V3, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250 - Currently XP DEUS & Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So today I hit a new spot, and it seems that it must be a hot spot for lost rings. In 2 hours I found 3! The Deus is amazing in the trash! The first was the small gold plated band. The second was the Mason's ring with diamonds, and the third was the .925 Silver, and the middle of it spins! Happy happy happy.
20170628_215308 (1).jpg

Upvote 16

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great finds I also found three rings my last hunt I have the perfect set up on my at pro for rings. Keep up the good finds.The more you find the more you detect the more you detect the more you find!!!!!Thanks for sharing your finds!!!!!!!!!

Mzjavert

Silver Member
Oct 7, 2011
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Mark IV
Garrett Ace 350
Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That Mason ring is beautiful. My Grandfather was a Mason, of course he was buried with his ring.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent job, but to be more precise, the Deus sucks....good stuff right out of the ground! I'm having my best year since 1988.

Cuttin Plugs2

Tenderfoot
May 29, 2015
Tarheel State
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX Spectrum E-Series,,,Whites Pro Coin Master,,,Beach HunterID, and love it...!
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great for a days fun....!

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Beast of a machine, for sure! Best one I've ever owned...
It loves finding that gold!

Attachments

• IMG_20170530_203250_459.jpg
    IMG_20170530_203250_459.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 74
Last edited:

laidback4sho

Aug 31, 2014
Laconia, NH
Detector(s) used
Currently:
XP Deus v4.1
Minelab Equinox 800
Fisher Gold Bug 2

Previously:
Garrett GTA 500
Garrett Ultra GTA 1000
Garrett GTAx 1250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice score right there, btw...

Sent from my SM-G920T using Tapatalk

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That is awesome!!! I spent 5 hours at a park today and got one wheat. I was saying to myself the only way I'm going to "look" for gold rings is in a jewelry parking lot I'd have a better chance it seems like. I've found 4 gold rings in 3 years and it was all by luck except 1.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
OP
OP
jdean

jdean

Jun 18, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Past- Whites DFX, Whites Spectra V3, Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 250 - Currently XP DEUS & Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I still have my AT-Pro, but I will say this. I have owned several high end machines and none touch the Deus. it's light as a feather (which was the first reason I looked at it) and it is just a monster in trash. The speed of the signals are unreal. On the mason ring, it rang up in the 60's but I literally heard a double *beep,beep* from the two sides. It was faint, but that is why I dug it, and sure enough it was a ring. I have had the detector for two weeks, and I have found 4 rings. To put that into perspective, I have only found 3 rings in 12 years before this because I was never one to dig all those dang pull tabs., so I never dug those signals at all. I just stuck to coins. But now the signals just sound a little different. I have still dug pull tabs, I am not saying you won't, but I am saying that the signals for the rings I have found just sound a litter better, maybe just good enough to trigger me to dig. Apparently something is working. But this should speak volumes, I wouldn't trade this Deus for any other detector regardless of price. It is the real deal, for sure.

smokeythecat

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2012
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I had an AT Pro. It is a good all around machine. If I could pick for free, any machine in the world, it would still be the Deus.

ScubaDetector

Silver Member
Mar 1, 2016
Port Huron MI
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
2 Fisher CZ-21's 8 and 10" coils
Tesoro Tiger Shark 8 and 10" coils (Interchangeable)
Minelab E-Trac with Sun Ray Probe
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Any machine will find rings. It is the owner that has to decide to dig the signal or not. I admit some machines go deeper than others but if you get a signal it is up to you to decide if you want to chance a pull tab or a ring. Not the machine.

Nice rings though

plymouthian12

Silver Member
Mar 26, 2010
massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
DFX, EXcalibur, Dual Field, CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great hunt

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

OP
OP
jdean

jdean

Jun 18, 2017
East Tennessee
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Oh, I agree completely. The reason I have never found many rings it that I got tired of digging hundreds of pull tabs for each ring found, so I simply stopped digging. That is all my fault. But the Deuss "sounds" different on rings. Not enough to 100% tell that it is a tab or a ring, but more that it is just a different sound. Like I said, these were not special finds that "only" the Deus would find, but the fact that I chose to dig them because something seemed different about the targets. This is the truth, since I bought this Deus I have dug maybe 12 pull tabs, and 4 rings??? So I still don't dig that target range much at all, but my ring to tab ratio is really good with it. May be it is luck, or maybe the Deus sounds better on gold than my old detectors, I don't know.

dirtlooter

Gold Member
Jun 5, 2014
mid western ARK
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with 9"LF and 9" HF Coils and 600 Equinox with stock and 6" coils
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I have dug several rings myself, but I still dig pull tabs because I have been very surprised several times. The deus is a very versatile machine with many abilities for us to master and learn. The place where I am currently hunting is one where we have decided to dig almost every signal so I have dug a lot of pull rings and tabs but I am okay with that because the amount of territory I am covering to get them. Glad that you are having good luck with yours, I sure do like mine

CASPER-2

Gold Member
Jan 3, 2012
NEW ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
WHITE'S XLT, PI PRO, GARRETT 2500, 3- FISHER CZ21s, JW FISHER 8X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice hunt - Nice finds!
I thought my machine was the ring master
attachment.php

Truth

Gold Member
Apr 13, 2016
Abita Springs La....Born in New Orleans
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
EQUINOX 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Oh, I agree completely. The reason I have never found many rings it that I got tired of digging hundreds of pull tabs for each ring found, so I simply stopped digging. That is all my fault. But the Deuss "sounds" different on rings. Not enough to 100% tell that it is a tab or a ring, but more that it is just a different sound. Like I said, these were not special finds that "only" the Deus would find, but the fact that I chose to dig them because something seemed different about the targets. This is the truth, since I bought this Deus I have dug maybe 12 pull tabs, and 4 rings??? So I still don't dig that target range much at all, but my ring to tab ratio is really good with it. May be it is luck, or maybe the Deus sounds better on gold than my old detectors, I don't know.

Does the Deus have similar VDI's comparable to life me the ATP or the F75? My 2 are pretty close other than nickels. Nickels on the ATP are 50-53 and the F75 hits 30-32.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread