1AD3506B-2C2D-4BDE-97B1-1DA9C4F88E31.jpeg
    243.5 KB · Views: 92

Loco-Digger

Gold Member
Jun 16, 2014
Northern O-H-I-O
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
F75 LTD, 1280X Aquanaut, & a Patriot (back-up/loaner)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the unique silver toasted. :occasion14: I'm confident my detector would have sounded off on that piece at 6+ inches..

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
That’s cool....
But you disturbed it.

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Congrats on the unique silver toasted. :occasion14: I'm confident my detector would have sounded off on that piece at 6+ inches..

Probably right. Every company’s flagship model should but most of them are running slightly larger stock coils though. Should have said with comparable sized coil

Calabash Digger

Gold Member
Apr 18, 2016
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS II ,XP DEUS, EQUINOX 800, EXCALIBUR II,
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I believe my E-trac with my NEL 15" Attack coil would be on that list. I've found tiny jean rivets that deep.

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The MXT does as good, I've got dimes at 12"before and thats actual depth not what's displayed on the screen. HH[ QUOTE=toasted;5635331]Got this tiny little 1 gram sterling charm today at over 6” with the 9” LF coil in some mineralized dirt. Pretty confident that there are very few other detectors that would have hit this[/QUOTE]

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The Minelab E-Trac would have blasted that at 14" deep. No problem.

:icon_scratch: It would be tough to near impossible to get a response from any machine even in an air test at 14”

Last edited:
OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
The MXT does as good, I've got dimes at 12"before and thats actual depth not what's displayed on the screen. HH[ QUOTE=toasted;5635331]Got this tiny little 1 gram sterling charm today at over 6” with the 9” LF coil in some mineralized dirt. Pretty confident that there are very few other detectors that would have hit this
[/QUOTE]
This charm is about 1/3 the mass of a dime in bad ground with a 9” coil.

Last edited:

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yep but I've dug 22 shorts at that depth, which are hard to find in the dirt pile on my towel with a pinpointer even. Point is there are many detectors capable of that and some that are a lot less money, not that the dues is not a good detector but there's detectors out ther that are every bit as capable. HH

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
:icon_scratch: It would be tough to near impossible to get a response from any machine even in an air test at 14”
I would suggest you get an E-Trac and find out for yourself. I dug 3 Indian Head cents and carefully dug and they all were 14 " deep at one park and an other park i got 2 Indian Heads at 14" a a wheat cent at 14" and an other park an Indian at 12". The depth was all the way down and i dig carefully . The deepest silver dime coin i dug with a Whites DFX was 10" most other coins were 8" or less.
I've heard stories that the cheep tesoro go real deep'
I was told recently by someone that they were buying an E-Trac because their Dues wasn't getting good depth.

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I would suggest you get an E-Trac and find out for yourself. I dug 3 Indian Head cents and carefully dug and they all were 14 " deep at one park and an other park i got 2 Indian Heads at 14" a a wheat cent at 14" and an other park an Indian at 12". The depth was all the way down and i dig carefully . The deepest silver dime coin i dug with a Whites DFX was 10" most other coins were 8" or less.
I've heard stories that the cheep tesoro go real deep'
I was told recently by someone that they were buying an E-Trac because their Dues wasn't getting good depth.
I have swung an Etrac and cannot understand why anyone would prefer that machine over a Deus. Only exceptions would be for saltwater and bottle cap rejection. Neither of which I care about. I would take a Tesoro Vaquero over an Etrac for my style of hunting

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the E-Trac because it gets great depth. I like it that i can go to trashy parks and run it in coin mode and i can usually discriminate out hundreds of pull tabs and bottle caps.
I have pulled gold rings out of pull tab infested areas knowing the tone i got didn't sound like the pull tabs . I can always tell rusted bottle caps as well as aluminum bottle caps by sound and going to full screen and the high number indicate trash. I can tell most of the time by the tone that it is lead .
It has saved me from digging thousands of worthless junk.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think this is all likely fake news. Of course the Deus is the deepest by far only surpassed by the Equinox. I could prove it but XP keeps the films of their air tests under wraps. They do not want the technology to get into the hands of the wrong despots overseas.

Seriously though, regarding being able to tell trash by tonal signature (when the targets ring up the same visual target ID), that is not only an e-trac trick, but not being familiar with the deus, you might not know that. ;)

Last edited:
OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I like the E-Trac because it gets great depth. I like it that i can go to trashy parks and run it in coin mode and i can usually discriminate out hundreds of pull tabs and bottle caps.
I have pulled gold rings out of pull tab infested areas knowing the tone i got didn't sound like the pull tabs . I can always tell rusted bottle caps as well as aluminum bottle caps by sound and going to full screen and the high number indicate trash. I can tell most of the time by the tone that it is lead .
It has saved me from digging thousands of worthless junk.

Agreed. Rusty bottle caps are not a problem for me hunting colonial farm fields. In fact I dig everything that doesnt sound like iron thus why a lightweight Tesoro Vaquero would be adequate for me as it has great recovery speed and depth. I just prefer a digital, rechargable and wireless machine that also is lightweight, fast and deep and way more customizable. I totally understand not being able to dig everything as I have hunted a urban Newark, NJ park

Last edited:

Roger Mn.

Silver Member
Aug 18, 2007
Rochester,Minnesota
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is the first time i watched a depth test on a dues and they do have great depth.

vferrari

Silver Member
Jul 19, 2015
Near Ground Zero for Insanity
Detector(s) used
XP Deus with HF/x35 Coils and Mi6 Pinpointer/ML Equinox 600/800/ML Tarsacci MDT 8000 GPX 4800/Garrett ATX/Fisher F75 DST/Tek G2+/Delta/Whites MXT/Nokta Simplex/Garrett Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Crowncaps are not a problem if, like an e-trac, you understand the learn the tonal nuances (especially with an HF coil which makes it even more obvious), same with pull tabs, but that is a harder nut to crack (typically you need the tab to be bent or damaged to tell). I give it to you if an e-trac can unmask an aluminum screw cap imposter. That is something that is likely going to fool the Deus user every time.

OP
OP
toasted

toasted

Silver Member
Jun 1, 2015
Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Sure I usually have a pretty good idea what I am about to dig from the sound and numbers after I have scanned the target from different directions. The best discriminator is always going to be your eyes though. Been surprised too many times to leave a target in the ground

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread