Dewey Token

locosmith

Apr 5, 2007
Wagoner, OK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro,Cortez
I found one a few years back, still haven't found out anything on it. It says Dewey good for $ in Trade. I found it in Adair near the rail road. Any one know of it. Oh its in Oklahoma. Not home now or would try to add picture.. Thanks Loco

I'm not sure i can take a good picture but It says Dewey Bar, On other side it has Good for 5 cents in trade about the sizes of a nickel has small diamonds around the edge..Loco

idahotokens

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2003
Primary Interest:
Other
A picture is worth a thousand words. But from the description, it sounds to me like one of the fairly generic tokens intended to be used in the Dewey line of slot machines manufactured by the Mills Novelty Company. There are 5¢ and 25¢ ones commonly believed to be used in that way - perhaps a $1 token was a larger jackpot payoff.
John in ID

OP
OP
locosmith

locosmith

Apr 5, 2007
Wagoner, OK
Detector(s) used
Tesoro,Cortez
locosmith said:
I found one a few years back, still haven't found out anything on it. It says Dewey good for $ in Trade. I found it in Adair near the rail road. Any one know of it. Oh its in Oklahoma. Not home now or would try to add picture.. Thanks Loco

I'm not sure i can take a good picture but It says Dewey Bar, On other side it has Good for 5 cents in trade about the sizes of a nickel has small diamonds around the edge..Loco

stoney56

Gold Member
Oct 4, 2004
Oklahoma
Were you ever able to get a picture of it? It could also be from the town of Dewey. There were 2 towns in Okla. w/that name. One is in Washington Co. and the other is now the present town of Weatherford in Custer Co.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread