DFX coil question

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nope the blue max coils are for the 6.59kHz detectors like the XLT and the older classicID detectors and I think a few others that operate on the 6.59kHz freq. the 3-15kHz coils thats on whites website will all work with the DFX. HH

donj

Feb 13, 2011
southwestern, va.
Detector(s) used
Nokta Fors CoRe, garretts gti2500, gtp1350 minelab 30 whites coinmaster 3 and a DFX300.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Bob get yourself a 10inch D2 coil you wont be dissapointed. in my area it cut down on the emi issues and lets me use a better gain setting of 3 and sometimes 4 with the original the best i could get was 2. Don

OP
OP
bobup

bobup

Jul 28, 2012
California ( Northern)
Detector(s) used
Whites MX7, Tesoro Bandido II umax, Diablo umax, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Ok....a D2 is on my wish list
Thanks all
Bob

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Bob,
You'll notice that the D2 was recommended by folks that live in the East. In California, Arizona, and most of the Western states, I much prefer the Eclipse 950 for a standard size coil. The D2 being a DD design, should work better in our mineralized soil but I haven't found that to be true here and sold the D2 off my V3i in favor of the 950. I didn't like the D2 on my DFX either. The 950 pinpoints much better also in my opinion. The Eclipse 5.3 is a great small coil that works very well in the trashy areas while getting much better depth than the Eclipse 4x6 shooter.

OP
OP
bobup

bobup

Jul 28, 2012
California ( Northern)
Detector(s) used
Whites MX7, Tesoro Bandido II umax, Diablo umax, Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tom Slick said:
Bob,
You'll notice that the D2 was recommended by folks that live in the East. In California, Arizona, and most of the Western states, I much prefer the Eclipse 950 for a standard size coil. The D2 being a DD design, should work better in our mineralized soil but I haven't found that to be true here and sold the D2 off my V3i in favor of the 950. I didn't like the D2 on my DFX either. The 950 pinpoints much better also in my opinion. The Eclipse 5.3 is a great small coil that works very well in the trashy areas while getting much better depth than the Eclipse 4x6 shooter.

Thanks Tom
Still too new to know who lives where and what conditions we all deal with
Bob

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just a wild guess but I'd say you're in Northern CA.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions