DFX DEPTH

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
I've been digging to 10 inches with the standard coil. It has always been right on for the depth. I am still experimenting with other coils. What's your deepest find with it? Spotz

treasurebum1

Jan 12, 2005
flora ms.
Detector(s) used
whites dfx garrett gti2500 whites vision
hi GO TO DFXONLY.COM AND COPY THE DSM PROGRAM FOR THE DFX ,DSM MEANS DEEP SEEKING MISSLE THIS IS A GREAT PROGRAM .HAVE BEEN HAVE REAL GOOD LUCK USING IT

J

Jim Cal

I hunt with the standard coil using one of the preset programs normally but it is true you will get more depth in the relic mode. You will dig more trash but you will also find stuff you would never find when discriminating. If I am hunting a really trashy area then I do hunt in one of the preset modes. The DFX Only website mentioned above has some good pointers and programs for this detector and there are several books dedicated to the DFX that will help you understand the various settings. I might also mention the White's instruction tape that covers a lot of the same information and you can watch it over and over again with your machine in hand practicing making the various settings. Jim Cal

N

Noble Metal

If its not that trashy and you ever wanted to, remember, the DFX is available with a 25" coil..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread