Headphones, Volume Control Important Or Not?

Shutterbug

Nov 6, 2004
My DFX came with head phones that have the volume control and it's been great for me 'cause one ear hears better than the other. Also, I can turn up the volume when I need to without stopping to change the volume on the detector.

OP
OP
S

SonjaMarie

Good point. I have hearing loss in my right ear, when I was 17 I had a hole in the ear drum and they had to operate on it and before and after that I had hearing problems in it.

Sonja Marie

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to have the Volume turned all the way up ( Many Years of Rock Concerts) so I say Volume control is Very Important.

dave-enc

Gold Member
Mar 22, 2003
Eastern North Carolina
All the headphones we use have volume controls mainly cause I too have hearing loss in my right ear and like to rum them turned all the way up Bobbies hearing is fine and she likes it turned down a little

hh

True_Metal

Aug 27, 2004
Smoky Mountains
Detector(s) used
Minelab Whites
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Get the ones with volume control. You want to hear those faint signals and anything that can make those louder is a must have.

Rock concerts, Jeff!? I knew you were that guy from Black Sabbath, i just knew it! :D

spotz

Bronze Member
Jan 16, 2005
Stanfield, Oregon
Yes! Head phones are a must. It helps you & draws a lot less attention from the public because they can't hear what you are hearing. Spotz

J

Jim Cal

Sonja, I use headphones with individual volume controls because I can't hear well enough to hear those faint whispers without them. Too much shooting without ear protection as a kid. One ear is better than the other and the volume controls aid me in getting the volume just right for both ears. I use the type of headphones that completely cover the ears because background noise (trafffic going by, people talking, etc,) also affects my ability to hear clearly. Some folks like the lightweight headphones so they can hear other things around them but they do not work for me. Good luck and good hunting. Jim Cal

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread