Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello Everyone!!!

I was MD'ing a rinky-dink school in the middle of nowhere, i got a few coins and then a nice nickle signal (you know where this is going ;) ) and out pops a gold ring! After cleaning it up a bit, i realized it was a class ring. 1976, with 2 initials- K and then O. Do you think i will be able to return it....any tips?

HH
-GC (who will sleep happy tonight)

Attachments

• IMG_4183.jpg
    IMG_4183.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 8,298
Upvote 0

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
OP
OP
goldencoin

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was especially surpised when it turned up in this poor comunity...must have really been a bummer to the person who lost it...

HH
-GC

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
try the nearest high schools to the elementary. look through copies of year books in alphabetical order. each one of the high schools near there should keep a copy and may let you use it if you tell them why. once armed with your new list of peeps hit the local phone book. you may also contact classmates.com. maybe they can help. i am sure you know this already. gl with the return.

Laater...

LJ

Silver Member
Dec 23, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice job goldencoin. I am fixing to purchase a DFX myself. Can't wait till I get it.

As for the ring, try tocate the owner and make their day. It has been done many times. You would be their hero.

WTG!!

LeJeuene

T

TreasureTales

Nice ring. Takes lots of pix of it for your trophy room and then RETURN IT. If you can't find the person in year books, then try the nearest genealogical society or historical society and tell them what you are trying to do. They should be happy to help you return a class ring. Good luck.

DigMO

Sep 29, 2006
SW Missouri
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX,Whites 6000 Di PRO SL
Nice find.Good luck at finding the owner.It would be great to be able to return it to the owner-take lots of pics.Congrats on a neat ring!

T

TreasureTales

Mainedigger said:
GC...VERY nice find...CONGRATS...try the reunion wbsites for the school and ask the moderator, or you can try this site...http://www.classringfinder.com.

Had no idea this website existed. Thanks for posting the link Mainedigger. I bookmarked it for future reference.

Mainedigger

Bronze Member
Sep 15, 2006
Maine
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's M6 & Prizm III
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
TreasureTales said:
Mainedigger said:
GC...VERY nice find...CONGRATS...try the reunion wbsites for the school and ask the moderator, or you can try this site...http://www.classringfinder.com.

Had no idea this website existed. Thanks for posting the link Mainedigger. I bookmarked it for future reference.

TT, I also had no idea it existed until earlier today, someone in another forum graciously posted it...looks like a fantastic site!!! I posted a 1940 class ring on it earlier today that I found, hopefully it will get some results, for as someone stated above, anyone is ecstactic over get a lost ring back, and there is no better feeling than being the person that returns it...:)

ringfinder

Silver Member
Nov 9, 2005
Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab GPX 5000, X-Terra 70, Garret Infinium, Tesorro Tiger Shark, ACE 250, Nautilus DMC 2B, Fisher 1235
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice Class Ring, I know you will be able to return that ring. If I can return a ring that had been lost nearly 70 years, I know you can return one that has been lost only 30 years. Check your local library. That is a really good place to start. Look at the ring and see what High School is on it. Then check the Initials for students from that senior class in that school for 1976. Maybe you know someone from that class, that would help.

I returned one this past summer that I found in a Lake near me. I thought for sure that the lady had just lost the class ring, it looked so new. But nope she lost it nearly 8 years ago. You just never know. Good Luck in returning the ring.

HH, Ringfinder

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Neat find! Good luck on finding the owner. Tsgman

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Once you figure out what school it is from, try to contact the school alumni association either on line or by phoning the principal. Also, contact the local newspaper as they love those human interest stories. I chased one down and found the owner, no doubt, 100% sure, but he wouldn't claim it! The only thing I can figure is that he lost it somewhere he wasn't supposed to be and was afraid to claim it! I guess those things happen? Monty

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread