Aug 9, 2005
Mississippi
Detector(s) used
Whites V3I, AT PRO, Garrett Pro-Pointer AT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dude I ask the same thing some time back check out my post in this forum

Place your vote!!!!!!!!!! DFX or GTI2500

My DFX is on it's way. Let me know if you want to buy a new one. It took a few weeks but I found the best deal you can get.

Kermit

Monty

Gold Member
Jan 26, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Detector(s) used
ACE 250, Garrett
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I checked the DFX but bought the GTI 2500! The question wasn't which one to buy but which is best. I don't think either one is "best". I do think the DFX probably has the most modern techonology, but I like the controls and features of the 2500 better, and from what I have read on this forum it is easier to learn to operate correctly. No doubt about it both are really good detectors. I see more finds on the forum from DFX users, but ther are more DFXs in use than 2500s. I also see a lot of posts by frustrated users of the DFX who apparently don't have a clue how to properly operate it! Speaking of choices, I talked to a guy yesterday who is using an XLT and a $300.00 Radio Shack BH clone. He said he was thinking about selling the XLT and just using the Radio Shack detector. So, he is wanting to move down instead of up! He said it was a lot easier to operate and he finds just as much stuff as with the XLT! I told him I had heard that the XLT was a fine detector and he said it is, if you have the patience to fiddle with it, while he just turns on his Radio Shack detector and goes! So, in the end I think it's just what floats your boat that determines what the best detector is! Monty

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think Monty is right ,whatever detector you are happy with. I am more of a turn on and go type so I use a fisher.Great performance and easy to use ,for me thats what it is all about.I also have an old whites silver eagle that works well and has nice depth but it takes some playing with. I know people with the DFX that are really happy with it.

jt70

Apr 27, 2005
My Own World
Detector(s) used
DFX
I agree with monte and birdman and i would like to add:

I only have experience with a few detectors but my preference is White's. This spring i bought a PrizmIV and really like it for its ease of use. I, however, am a tweaker. I like to adjust settings and try out new coils and things like that. So A few months later i bought a DFX.
I really like the DFX and i still have the prizm and use them both. If you like to make adjustments and play with settings i would recommend the DFX to you. If you are NOT the type that likes to mess with settings etc. then I wouldn't go with the DFX because it has alot of adjustments. I have had mine since June and i have tons to learn about it still.......but, I like it that way!!!

Good luck with which ever you choose.

I hope you find the goods.

JT

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread