DFX...poked hole in my screen

Sandman

Gold Member
Aug 6, 2005
In Michigan now.
Detector(s) used
Excal 1000, Excal II, Sovereign GT, CZ-20, Tiger Shark, Tejon, GTI 1500, Surfmaster Pulse, CZ6a, DFX, AT PRO, Fisher 1235, Surf PI Pro, 1280-X, many more because I enjoy learning them. New Garrett Ca
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Screen doors you can fix yourself, but the detector screen should be sent in for repair.

OP
OP
finderskeepers

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
well...good thing I didn't sell the BH. Thanks

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Are you talking about the plastic cover or the LCD screen itself, if its the outer plastic cover and the LCD still works fine you can replace the plastic cover yourself. You have to peel the old one off and the new one will stick right back in place, if the LCD is damaged under the plastic outer cover I'd send it in for that repair. Good luck and HH

OP
OP
finderskeepers

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the hope wingmaster. To clarify, it is the cover. The screen itself is not affected. I just emailed Whites HQ re:replacement part. Picked up "Digging Deeper" yesterday and was bumming out thinking I might get set back a couple of weeks on the learning. I need all the help I can get!

Tom Slick

Jul 21, 2012
Mesa AZ
Detector(s) used
XP Deus & Deus II, Makro Multi Kruzer, White's DFX w/18" Arrow Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The plastic cover is available from White's for about $5.00. As wingmaster said, peel off the old and stick on the new unless you've damaged the LCD under it.

okie jack

Apr 3, 2012
locust grove oklahoma
Detector(s) used
White dfx and xlt
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have digging deeper it's a great book. Sometimes the dfx can get confusing that when I switch to my xlt .

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread