Silver Member
Apr 23, 2008
Midwesterner
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
DFX, Pro 6000XL, SunRay Probe, Centech Pinpointer
DFX Pro6000 "Iffy Signals"

Hello all Tnetters,
I have both the DFX and the Pro6000 from Whites and was wondering about the "Iffy Signals" that a lot of you describe. Since I have had no luck in finding the elusive Barber coins or SLQ's am I not hearing something that I should be or is it that my coil has just not passed over these coins? Can you describe the Iffy Signals a bit for me? I have found plenty of wheaties, a couple Large Cents and some Mercs and Rosies along with the usual trash and relics but no Barbers or really old silver. Any advice would be great. I use the standard coils as well as the smaller bullseye coil and DD coils. Thanks for any advice and sorry if I sound like an idiot asking stupid questions! jgas

Tom_in_CA

Gold Member
Mar 23, 2007
Salinas, CA
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Explorer II, Compass 77b, Tesoro shadow X2
Re: DFX Pro6000 "Iffy Signals"

jgas, there is no way to answer your question in print/text. Ie.: how does one describe a "sound" in print? It can't be done. It's like saying "describe the note of C-minor in printed text". It has to be heard and shown, is the only way. Find someone in your area who is proficient at getting deep oldies from the turf (I say turf, as opposed to say ... demolition, furroughed fields, etc... where oldies might be shallow) and ask them to flag a few deep signals they suspect are high conductors (penny/dime, etc...). Once you hear what they're hearing, and conversely ... why they might pass up another signal, THEN the lights will go on :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread