DFX vs XLT????

whitesid

Bronze Member
Aug 7, 2006
earth
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
i was wondering what is the difference between the whites XLT and DFX? i know that the dfx has more room for custom programs but is that it? or does it detect any deeper or anything like that. because i was looking into getting one and if its only a few more programs that the dfx has i am going to get the xlt and save some money

mark v

Mar 10, 2006
S.W. Pa.
Detector(s) used
Deus, CTX
A DFX can beused as either a dual frequency or single, and it can be one of two single frequencies.

Dirt Fisher

Aug 18, 2007
Athens Tenn.
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & XLT and Garrett ACE 250
I use a DFX and my wife uses an XLT and I have used them both and there is not that much difference in them. I don't think the added features are worth the difference in price myself. If I had it to do over I would just get an XLT.

minton7

Mar 28, 2007
south central ohio
Detector(s) used
White's Spectrum XLT
I have had an XLT since 1997..... so 10 years... I have found lots of nice deep old things...... and just now am I starting to learn half the functions It can perform...... one wrong setting adn you have wasted your time and batteries hunting.... cause you wont find a thing... but a few right button pushes and bam you are finding very old deep things others cant find.... I have found it to be esp. helpful in high trash areas.... nuttin like hearin it sing for silver or a quarter... :)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread