DFX

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used
Actual: Whites MXT All Pro, M6 and Tesoro Sand Shark

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
So far I think its a great detector... No complaints that I can think of...

digging440yrs

Gold Member
Dec 5, 2012
UPSTATE NEW YORK
Detector(s) used
1970 COMPASS-
WHITES SILVER EAGLE-
WHITES DFX, 4X6DD COIL, 6X8DD COIL, 950 COIL, 10X12SEF COIL-
GARRETT PRO POINTER AT, GARRETT AT PRO , MINELAB EXPLORER SE with 8.5x12.5 Cors coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Great machine, you can use the built in programs--coins, coins and jewelry, relic and have a great time. As you get more use to it you can tweek her, and add your own programs---i have no regrets with mine at all-----H H

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I watched Norfolk Wolf's test on you tube an the XLT did good on the test but the DFX did not seem to do that good in his test..

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Ex: BH Platinum, Tesoro Lobo, ST & Tejon, Teknetics Delta, Whites MXT, V3i, Dual Field, MX5; DP Wader, Garrett At-PRO, Fisher Gold Bug 2, CZ-70Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
I have seen it also but I can tell you that the problem there was the coil. The stock coil is garbage, put a dd on it and its killer.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I have seen it also but I can tell you that the problem there was the coil. The stock coil is garbage, put a dd on it and its killer.
Oh well that test kept me from buying a almost new DFX but it is gone now..

DDancer

Bronze Member
Mar 25, 2014
Traveling US to work
Detector(s) used
Current Equinox 600
Past Whites DFX Garret GTI 2500 and others
Prospecting Minelab GPZ 7000
Past SD 2100 GP 3000 (retired)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Its a good machine. Bit of a learning curve but the stock programs are good and can be tweeked and saved. You will probably want to change the stock coil out for a DD coil as mentioned. The Eclipse elliptical coil is a good one. I've only found that the stock coil is good for large area's with low trash. If you park hunting the Eclipse is the bomb :)

ScrugneysGunDogs

Apr 1, 2011
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I found as much stuff with my DFX as I have with my newer V3i. Plus, I never had a problem with the DFX. My V3i has been back to the factory 3 times already! I bought the DFX used, ran it for several years, sold it, and that new owner is still finding stuff with it.

OP
OP
BenjyH

BenjyH

Apr 21, 2010
fresno Ca
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, Teknetics G2, Garrett AT Pro & carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sweet! Ill hopefully be picking one up in 2 weeks if my check isnt a small one haha.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I found as much stuff with my DFX as I have with my newer V3i. Plus, I never had a problem with the DFX. My V3i has been back to the factory 3 times already! I bought the DFX used, ran it for several years, sold it, and that new owner is still finding stuff with it.
It seems that with all brands the older ones run for ever ..And the new models always have to be sent back for one thing or another more than once … I think all the detector companies are buying cheper inners for there detectors...

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am thinking about getting a used DFX from a local guy that bought it new but never used it much,,,i think a lot of people buy these machines and have a hard time trying to sit them up and just give up on using them...I have used the older whites, 5000D, Classic 3 , and as of late using the x-terra 705 and for what this guy is saleing this DFX for, I just hope its not to hard to learn its in and outs...I have a hard time with the cell phones of today, don't even own one...so I hope the DFX is kind of like this old computer I use , turn it on and use it and if something doesn't work right call someone that knows something about it.....that's why I am here....to get the knowledge of the people that use them...

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
I think you are right, some people do give up on them and some stick with it and learn the machine. Is it being offered at a good price? What kind of hunting do you do? The machine does take some learning.

jhen999

Apr 17, 2014
Northern Califorina
Detector(s) used
Whites 5000D..Whites Classic 3 SL with Mr. Bill mods..Whites MXT...Minelab X-terra 705..Minelab Explorer SE Pro..Whites DFX..Minelab E-trac...Minelab CTX3030
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Most of the hunting I do is coins in parks and schools, been thinking about doing some beach hunting and I live in the middle of the Gold county here in California so I think theres some nugget hunting that I might try to...

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I watched Norfolk Wolf's test on you tube an the XLT did good on the test but the DFX did not seem to do that good in his test..
After watching Norfolk Wolf's you tube on the DFX that was a bad showing for the DFX … Then i saw the DFX and a Garrett Ace 250 in a depth test on you tube and the 250 beat the DFX .. So there will be no DFX for me..

norbyx

Jun 3, 2012
San Jose
Detector(s) used

Primary Interest:
Other
Both videos use stock coil. Put a 10x6 dd and it transforms

Escape

Bronze Member
Apr 4, 2009
After watching Norfolk Wolf's you tube on the DFX that was a bad showing for the DFX … Then i saw the DFX and a Garrett Ace 250 in a depth test on you tube and the 250 beat the DFX .. So there will be no DFX for me..

You should have posted the comparison. Its hard to beleive how an inexpensive beginners detector can even come close to compeating with the the DFX.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
You should have posted the comparison. Its hard to beleive how an inexpensive beginners detector can even come close to compeating with the the DFX.
..If i knew how i would..but you can go to you tube and put in…. Whites spectrum DFX 300 vs garrets ace 250 …. and watch it then if you want put in … Norfolk wolfs test of the dfx both videos make the dfx look bad..

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread