Diamond Earing, and a question...

rb24

Greenie
Jan 2, 2006
Deep in the Heart of Texas
We had a great weekend. Took my son detecting for the first time and he had a blast. We found some clad and the usual junk, but he didn't care because we were having fun! Later, I went to another place and found this. But here's my dilema. If you see it with your eye on the surface before you swing your coil across it, does it count as a find? rb24.

Attachments

• MVC-464S.JPG
    MVC-464S.JPG
    27.3 KB · Views: 297
Upvote 0

WV_Detecting

Oct 24, 2005
WV
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
I can relate to your dilemma, I eyed a 14K bracelet the second before my coil went across it. You know where it is now, in my box with the rest of my jewelry "Finds". It just has an asterisk beside noting how found it in my mind.
if it looks like a duck, walks like a duck and sounds like a duck, it must be a duck ;)
Good Find!!!

K

Kim - PA

My rule is if I am detecting then it gets included in my finds for the day unless it is a zinc penny then it goes in my pocket change. LOL
Kim - PA

Gigisdiamonds

Mar 18, 2005
Kansas
;D NICCCCCCCCEEEEEEEEEE find!!!!! Enough said ! lol ;D :D ;D Now for the good part! Is it marked? How bout a shot of it cleaned up???

HH Gigi

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Nice, I count them. If you weren't detecting and looking at the ground in the first place you would have never found it. I eye ball stuff all the time. Wheats and small relics on the surface. Marbles stones from rings and all sorts of finds.

HH Jer

JakePhelps

Silver Member
Jul 7, 2005
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Cibola
Nice find!! I think it counts as a detector find. And the fact that you were prolly gonna swing over it anyway makes it even more of a detector find ;D

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
HEADHUNTER said:
Nope...Take it back out and throw it as far as you can...and go find it...No just kiddin...Great job..

Headhunter

:D HAHAHA!!! :D

QUACK QUACK !

Nice find!!!

;)

caratjuice

Oct 15, 2004
Washington State
Nice find, you bet it counts. I dug up a silver ring once, and when I started detecting again I saw another one laying on the ground. I had to check my pouch to make sure I didn't just drop the first one. I didn't and it counts.

R

rb

Diamonds and gold are the best finds no matter how you find them...RB

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread