Silver Member
Feb 27, 2005
MAINE
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My girlfriend bought some big cans of Fosters at the local grocery store tonight - brought them home - put them in the fridge - drank one - went for another ....and there's a diamond ring stuck on top of it . I took these pics , then called the store. Yes , one of their cashiers lost an engagement ring , and she was devastated ! We just got back from returning it! The young bride-to-be hugged us .....nothing but smiles !

mojjax

Attachments

• Picture 014.jpg
    Picture 014.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 1,427
  • Picture 015.jpg
    Picture 015.jpg
    55.3 KB · Views: 1,433
  • Picture 016 (2).jpg
    Picture 016 (2).jpg
    41.1 KB · Views: 1,423

gregd573

Oct 23, 2005
eldridge, missouri
A little ICE for your beer Maybe???????? Way to weird and a very gracious gester to return the ring.......so much good karma heading your way......HH......gregd573

DANGLANGLEY

Silver Member
Oct 3, 2006
Wartburg, Tennessee, U.S.A.
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250, Tesoro Tiger Shark, Garrett AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
You just gotta wonder.....How in the heck did she manage that?...Way to go for returning the ring. Very nice of you!

Treasuredawg

Mar 19, 2006
Northern Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Minelab Exployer II, Xterra 30
Mo, WTG, hope this is a good omen for her marriage!! Makes a man sleep good knowing he did a good thing....or maybe it's just the beer! Anyway, yo the man!!

Treasuredawg

Blind.In.Texas

Bronze Member
Sep 1, 2006
Lone Star State
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice of you to return it. I'll never understand why people don't get their jewelry sized. I have a size 10 wedding ring, but, a size my knuckle is larger by far and my ring can't possibly slip off ;) Gorilla knuckles ;D

FinderFrank

Sep 28, 2006
Southwest Ohio
Detector(s) used
EXPLORER SE
I've heard of coin rolling,mabe I will start beer rolling,I bet I would have to drink alot of beers to score one of those beauties!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

tpmrcp

Dec 31, 2006
East Stroudsburg, PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice story, should be in the paper.

Fosters, Australian for beer

Mojjax, Australian for good karma

Maryland Searcher

Mar 4, 2007
Maryland, Pennsylvania line
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT (New model)
Kind of makes you think a little........The only difference between finding something nice and keeping it or finding something nice and giving it back is a little research and time.

Digging something up that someone lost years ago makes us happy, but you cant help but think what the person felt like when they realized that they lost their ring, last silver dollar to their name, crucifix etc...

Always a story on losing it (although we may never know it) and a story of finding it. Kind of the ying and yang of metal detecting.

WTG on taking the time to find out who lost it and returning it! Makes me warm and fuzzy everytime I hear one of these stories!

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Heck with the beer can, what did the young bride to be look like??? Just kidding of course. ::)
What a neat story.
I've heard of beer on ice, but not ice on beer. ;D
-MM-

Karma Guy

Nov 12, 2006
Kirkland, Wa
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Nice pics and what a story! I'm sure you restored about 20 years to her life not to mention she doesn't have to come up with a story on how she lost it.

Nice job and good karma is headed your way.

KG

Charlene

Bronze Member
Feb 1, 2006
SE, Virginia
Detector(s) used
MineLab Excal II & Bounty Hunter Land Star
I can see how it happened too, just last week I was in the grocery store with my mother, when I reached into the frozen foods and felt my pinky ring slip right off onto the brussel sprouts. If I had been in any hurry I don't think I would have noticed it at the moment.

You two are sweet hearts though for returning it, it will come back to you 10 fold as my grandmother always said.

Great story, did my heart good.

nhbenz

Gold Member
Dec 30, 2004
Brentwood, NH
Detector(s) used
White's Classic SL
White's Surf P.I.
I've "searched" a lot of beer cans but never found anything like that. Well done Mojjax!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread