diamond ring quest fails but..................

leslie(nova scotia)

Silver Member
Sep 22, 2006
lower sackville,nova scotia
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garretts only
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
From the land of the Bluenose.....well Marie and I did the dew at the Tall Ships! We took a cruise to the other side from Dartmouth on our own yacht...........Dartmouth /Halifax Ferry. The view was great.
038.jpg

Along the way we met up with Theadore the Tugboat chugging along.
013-1.jpg

Even George's Island was busy!
030.jpg

A few tall ships could be seen on the way over.
033-1.jpg

015-1.jpg

012.jpg

Once a shore we were challenged by everyone from A Frenchman, to Santa, to some colonials as well as a band!
019.jpg

018.jpg

016.jpg

032.jpg

031.jpg

Think Santa got a yacht me bouy!
029.jpg

Marie enters the "Pirate Den."
028.jpg

033.jpg

Anyway later in the day tried to locate a diamond ring on a playing field. The lady showed up and I geared her up.....with a Freedom 3 Plus as I swung one of my other vintage machines...a Freedom 3 Plus. Must say she took to detecting like an Albacore Tuna in a fish plant. Real hot day and after 2 hours no ring but I did have some change. Offered me some money but I simply stated that if she got any friends that own farms I'm her man as I slipped her my hobby card. Think Navy Davy and I will give it another try. Informed the lady to watch the forum and see if we find it. Apparently it was the engagement ring of her great, great grandmother and that she had let her 14 year old wear it.........ummmmmmm!
Left there and went for a swish which netted me a junker ring and quota of $10.81.
002-11.jpg

Upvote 1

AC1955

Bronze Member
Apr 22, 2012
New Hampshire & Maine
Detector(s) used
V3i, Excalibur II, White's M6, Coinmaster, Teknetics EurotekPro, White's Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Love your post, as usual, Leslie!

We had the tall ships in Boston around July 4th. Didn't see them this year, but have in years past. They are a real treat.

Anita

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions