Dick Tracy Undercover

Tinman

Jul 5, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, 9" Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Seems like I have a knack for finding these old kid premiums and tokens. A few weeks ago I found one of those Captain Midnight Tokens and this weekend I found this Dick Tracy Secret Service Patrol Badge. Anyone know what these are worth? I also found 4 wheats on this 1900s era farm, but no silver.....the silver "coin" monkey is still on my back for 2009.

Attachments

• IMG_0268.JPG
    IMG_0268.JPG
    42.8 KB · Views: 659
Upvote 0

Jellybone

Nov 21, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Walmart Special 505
I was with Tinman on this dig - we have done about 3 ot 4 old farms and this guy can pull out the cool finds. We keep finding wheats but like he says no silver! I will be posting a Chinese coin that I finally dug but would have gave up if he wasn't with me! I almost threw it away because I thought it was a washer with a square hole in it! Glad he was there because he knows his stuff! Looks like the coin dates to Jia Ching 1793 - 1820. I am really anxious to find info on this Dick Tracy find as well because I was a big fan back in the day and the stuff I see on the Net looks cheap compared to this. Way to go Tinman!

Jellybone

Nov 21, 2007
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Walmart Special 505
Jellybone said:
I was with Tinman on this dig - we have done about 3 ot 4 old farms and this guy can pull out the cool finds. We keep finding wheats but like he says no silver! I will be posting a Chinese coin that I finally dug but would have gave up if he wasn't with me! I almost threw it away because I thought it was a washer with a square hole in it! Glad he was there because he knows his stuff! Looks like the coin dates to Jia Ching 1793 - 1820. I am really anxious to find info on this Dick Tracy find as well because I was a big fan back in the day and the stuff I see on the Net looks cheap compared to this. Way to go Tinman!
Link to the Chinese Coin Post: http://forum.treasurenet.com/index.php/topic,216902.0.html

Pudsbrat

Aug 21, 2004
Mena Arkansas
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 250,Garrett ProPointer....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey Tinman...got some info for you...

I have a copy of Overstreets guide to character toy premiums....it is a 1996 edition...it lists your Dick Tracy badge in good $40 fine $75,and near mint $150...sorry I dont have up to date info but at least it gives you an idea.....maybe you can find a copy of a newer edition and find out more....looks like your badge is in near mint to fine condition....that is a really cool find....wish I could find one like it....

OP
OP
Tinman

Tinman

Jul 5, 2007
South Carolina
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, 9" Coil
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Thanks Pudsbrat for the estimate and comments. You can always count on the TNET community to help identify or find additional information. Also, a very big thanks to Jellybone for lining up all the primo hunting grounds and inviting me along.

rjw4law

Bronze Member
Apr 25, 2007
Missouri
Detector(s) used
AT Garrett Max/ Garrett ATX/ Deus XP
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I can honestly say I never dug one of those.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread