dictionary/spell checker

BC1969

Banned
Sep 4, 2013
Somewhere directly above the center of the Earth.
Primary Interest:
Other
Hey there, is there a setting to make the site stop changing my words ?
I have all of that turned off on my tablet, so it must be the message editor doing it, like if I try and type the word Ken, it will change it to Men, then I have to backup and force it to say k e n, its changing it right now, and some of the dictionary is wrong, it tries to tell me a word is spelled wrong, when I know it is right, it does this on my home computer too so, I would like to be able to turn it off, if that's possible.
Thanks

Mike

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
vB software, which this site runs on, does not employ a spell checker.
In fact when you click spell check in the editor, it suggests you install ieSpell - Spell Checker add-on for Internet Explorer to use as a client based spell checker.

But the website doesnt change anything on its own. I am pretty sure of this.

I use the IE spell check and it works well. We do not change post unless it violates our rules.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hey there, is there a setting to make the site stop changing my words ?
I have all of that turned off on my tablet, so it must be the message editor doing it, like if I try and type the word Ken, it will change it to Men, then I have to backup and force it to say k e n, its changing it right now, and some of the dictionary is wrong, it tries to tell me a word is spelled wrong, when I know it is right, it does this on my home computer too so, I would like to be able to turn it off, if that's possible.
Thanks

Mike

It is your tablet changing it, there is nothing on site doing it. It happens all the time on my android smart phone...

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread