did 15 boxes today

Jack_MIghtyheart

Aug 5, 2008
NJ
Detector(s) used
Tracker IV and Ace 250
Primary Interest:
Other
Stuff like that makes me wonder...If you held onto those 15 boxes worth of skunks, and didn't dump them, would it increase your odds of getting silver in the future, by any significant amount? I'm not so good with numbers, but 15 boxes sure is a lot of clad to be taken out of the equation.

Darth Walker

Bronze Member
Jan 10, 2009
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Like in the NFL.

You can go form the worst season to the superbowl next season

Do not get discourage

BBcardsRI

Bronze Member
May 29, 2008
Rhode Island
Hmmm... wouldn't 15 skunks and one box with 1 40% = a 16 box day instead of a 15 box day?

Either way... that stinks... you are like a little mini Shake-N-Bake! =)

~Dave

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
you are correct, i guess i am so upset i cant even add. i did 16 boxes total, 15 were SKUNKS, and to answer the other question my supply bank is serviced by loomis and my dump bank is serviced by brinks. so look out all you brinks boxer's a WHOLE LOT OF CLAD is headed your way :tongue3:

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Man that suck silver cop ow! I guess Quantity is not the way to go either... You should do what Cat does and take road trips but plan ahead a week or two and have ordered boxes waiting for you in the small towns. This way you tap in to veins that outside your area. Just some advice.

-Golden Silver

buffhunter

May 30, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab Excalibur 1000
i do 12 boxes a week and take them on my day off to banks that have a different delivery company than the ones my banks have. Thought that this would help my chances, but i still get lots of skunk boxes. there are probably other guys doing the same and dumping them at my banks. my rule is - the more you check, the more you can find.

Narthoniel

Bronze Member
Jul 1, 2008
Virginia Beach
Detector(s) used
Excal 2 and E Trac
Wow, and here I am complaining about a few silver per box. Im sorry to hear about this, you shouldnt get so little for so much searched. Maybe you could enforce a law along those lines.

treasurefiend

Gold Member
Mar 17, 2008
Chicago IL
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Excal_II Minelab_Explorer_SE_Pro w/ SunRay pinpointer & Garrett_Ace250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Instead of a shower you should take a bath in tomato juice... :tongue3:

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
BBcardsRI said:
Either way... that stinks... you are like a little mini Shake-N-Bake! =)

~Dave

~Dave you just had to bring that up didn't ya! :) Yeah he still has a long way to go to catch me. Me streak is stopping at 61 CWI boxes with not ONE silver. Called my four banks to stop placing my orders due to my injury. :sad10: I won't miss the boxes of halves, but i sure do miss the pennies, dimes, nickels...

Good luck everyone,
Jason

Codes

Bronze Member
Feb 28, 2007
United States
Detector(s) used
White's M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ouch. All I can say is OUCH.

Only 1 40%'er and $7,999.50 in clad halves.....OUCH. I don't know if I'd ever recover from that. :tard:

-Codes

mistergee

Silver Member
Jan 8, 2008
Pennsylvania
16 boxes in one day? you are a true MONSTER HUNTER :thumbsup: sorry it didn't work out so well
i have a theory(another one? :-\) on why some hunters have such high rates of skunks... lets say Brinks that services say 100 banks and has 50 pallets of boxes of halfs which more than accomodates the banks they serve...on any given day they get maybe 1/3 to 1/2 way through the pile of pallets before they come back to be counted...then they are piled on top of the coins that were remaining only to go out again the following day....if this is correct then there is still 2/3 to 1/2 of the pallets that never leave and they are searching the same coins over and over except for the occasional loose and handrolls dropped off by customers which get thrown into the mix. and if your in an area with only a couple hunters you may never see the bottom of the pile where some goodies may be hiding. i mean these are coins not food or beer that needs to be rotated so the oldest goes out first....so there is no need to rotate
hmmmm i wonder if we all conspire and hold onto our dumps for awhile,if this would force them to go deeper in the pile and pull out the unsearched coins thus increasing our finds....of course this will probably remain just in theory as none of us is rich enough to tie up 16 boxes of halfs for a week or so and i doubt everyone would go along anyway.....JMO

golden silver

Silver Member
Oct 22, 2007
Hampton Roads, VA.
Detector(s) used
bounty hunter sharp shooter 2, minelab sovereign xs 2a pro
Mistergee I like your theory and there is probably some truth to it. I think the only thing a guy can do is search a large quantity and quickly so they have to break into another pallet. Ofcourse that would take some major mula and probably a few extra sets of hands.

-Golden Silver

Shake-N-Bake

Dec 5, 2007
Mistergee I think you are right on the money. I am pretty sure in my area I am the only CRH, I have talked to seven different banks in my area and they all say I am the only one that buys quantity of coins and the only one that dumps quantity of coins. I feel I am getting my dumps back. The whole working half the pallet theory is correct(my opinion). The problem with my area is all coins returned go to a CWI wrapping facility. So no matter what bank i dump or pick up at they all come and go to the same place. I think you hit it on the head.
Jason

OP
OP
silvercop

silvercop

Silver Member
Dec 30, 2008
VALLEY ALABAMA
Detector(s) used
GARRETT GTA 500
i have competition in my area. at one of my dump banks i have had several tellers comment to me on a "little old retired man" that does about 2000.00 a week. there is also somebody in my area that marks coins, always a black, green, or red mark across the face. i just hate it when i open boxes and start getting those, usually nothing but skunk. i have heard the theory about the pallets before, LJ told me about it. i tend to agree with that, but i also believe this hobby is all luck of the draw, kind of like putting a half in a slot machine and pulling the handle and hoping to score

packfan_1982

Jun 22, 2008
Omaha NE
Detector(s) used
F70 / ACE 250
I recall seeing a post awhile back suggesting that everybody spend their half dollars on daily purchases. Since most people upon seeing a real live half dollar think that it has some inherent value they hold onto it for awhile. Do this long enough and enough Halves get taken out of currency long enough for the CRHer to get to those bottom boxes. Additionally when people do cash them in they are filling up all of the half filled bags that have been sitting for 10 years. Just food for thought I suppose.

Goes4ever

Silver Member
Jan 30, 2008
NorthWest Ohio
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab E-Trac, Equinox 600, and Tesorso compadre
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
silvercop said:
you are correct, i guess i am so upset i cant even add. i did 16 boxes total, 15 were SKUNKS, and to answer the other question my supply bank is serviced by loomis and my dump bank is serviced by brinks. so look out all you brinks boxer's a WHOLE LOT OF CLAD is headed your way :tongue3:
thats ok I do just the opposite of you, so maybe your getting all my dumps....lol

just kidding, hope things pick up for you!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread