Did Friday 13th kill my MEGA ROLL............???

D

dugupfinds

YES

Only got:
3 lead tokens
3 grotty roman bronzes
2 Victorian farthings
1 nice buckle
1 medieval sexfoil - belt decor
2 buttons - 1 reads Victoria Jubilee - June 20 1887 with crown in centre
1 coin weight with Vs VId crown above & angel on other side
Medieval horse harness hanger

Theres always tomorrow & I'm tring a new field!

Attachments

• Presentation1.jpg
    Presentation1.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 490
Upvote 0

goldencoin

Gold Member
Sep 27, 2005
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX & Beach Hunter ID
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
it must really suck to only find only relics and old coins...just kiding, i know how that feels

HH
-GC

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

Yes its back to norm, I was just hoping it carried on abit more.........

hollowpointred

Gold Member
Mar 12, 2005
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE/Garrett GTI 2500/ Ace 250
thats a bad day! looks pretty cool to me!

Mona Lisa

Gold Member
Jan 13, 2005
Great Falls, Montana
Detector(s) used
White's DFX & a Sunray probe
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
I just hate it when I find coins from 1860!! ::) ;)

Your finds are always so interesting. Keep posting your junque! It's treasure to me!! :)

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

Thanks for your comments. I guess in the early days I would have been happy with this. However I have been spoiled with lots of great finds & my expectations are therefore higher. I now aim (dream) for things I haven't found yet like a hoard of Saxon treasure, a gold Roman coin or a Celtic gold Stater.

I'm itching to get out today, the field I'm going to hasn't produced as good a finds as the ones I have just posted but I have a good feeling about it.

Talking of feelings does anyone every feel they are being lead to a find? Do you follow any gut feelings? Abit like when you lifes in danger but the opposite!

As I previous have stated I hardly ever leave things to chance, I always cover a field from start to finish. However when I start a large new field I offen wander try to find the productive area. It when I do this that for example the following might happen:
I was walking across a field to where I was going to continue with my previous days search. I had the detector on & decided I would walk down the flatist part of the field where the tractor wheels had been. I had walked 300m & was 3/4 of the way to my starting point when I felt I should move off the track 3 paces to my left, on my 3 pace I hit my first strong signal. Dug it & found my first Age Age (Celtic) Woad Grinder - A nice complete example. Was it Luck? All I can say is 2 weeks previously I had lost an attempt to buy one on ebay. I felt it was a symbolic artefact of the Celtic people & quite a Rare one which I felt I would never find! ( & haven't after 20 years) I have had many similar experiences, not only whilst detecting. One other I will tell you about was the time I wondered in to to middle of the field did about 30mins of Detecting & found a lovely silver Roman Denarius. Thought the field must be a good one so searched the whole of it which took over 100hrs & found no other roman silver coins.

MalteseFalcon

Bronze Member
Aug 17, 2005
Congrats! Must be nice living in an area where it is possible to find 2,000-year-old stuff like that!

Try around Cambridge, site of the Trojan War.

Yes I said that correctly. Check this site out:

http://www.troy-in-england.co.uk/

I am halfway through this book, and it is astounding, to say the least.

OP
OP
D

dugupfinds

Yes thanks. I am aware of the theory.

I do feel lucky to have & own so much history.

dugupfinds

digdug_rita

Sep 28, 2006
There you go again...making my mouth water and me turn green with envy!!!!
( a sorrowful sigh ecapes me as I gaze at the old rusty axe head I found this weekend ;D),
Those are incredible finds, thanks for sharing them with us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread