tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made a quick go around in a TS this morning. I spotted these 2 only beautiful 4-1/4 inch tall diamond cut heavy crystal tumblers for $2.49 ea. and said these do look like some good sh**. I looked for a mark and not seeing any I did the sticker peel like you find on every piece of silver plate in a TS. They's Waterford. Haven't looked to see what they sell for, but maybe I'll get $45-$50 for the pair is my 1st thought. I'm not going to do much selling till the summers over. I did a little selling last week and got some cheap stuff sold for just over a couple hundred. I'm going to have allot of stuff to unload here this fall & winter. Saving, I am every piece of gold and silver I find unless it's a small popular jewelry item that is an easy sell for a great mark up.

Attachments

• waterford glass 1.jpg
    waterford glass 1.jpg
    703.7 KB · Views: 92
  • waterford glass 2.jpg
    waterford glass 2.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 86

diggummup

Gold Member
Jul 15, 2004
Somewhere in the woods
Detector(s) used
Whites M6
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've revealed marks more than once from price tags on the bottom of things, Waterford included. Good catch.

OP
OP
tamrock

tamrock

Gold Member
Jan 16, 2013
Colorado
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Tracker IV
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I've revealed marks more than once from price tags on the bottom of things, Waterford included. Good catch.
The good crystal to me stands alone to all the other stuff on the shelves. I've gotten very good at spotting them. I try and stick to Waterford & Baccarat mostly and pass on some of the other good crystal for other folks. Clear cut glass crystal can be a crap shoot, but signed and sought after pieces seems always be a good bet... If no damage.

mjm579

Jan 6, 2013
Montgomery County, PA
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Made a quick go around in a TS this morning. I spotted these 2 only beautiful 4-1/4 inch tall diamond cut heavy crystal tumblers for $2.49 ea. and said these do look like some good sh**. I looked for a mark and not seeing any I did the sticker peel like you find on every piece of silver plate in a TS. They's Waterford. Haven't looked to see what they sell for, but maybe I'll get $45-$50 for the pair is my 1st thought. I'm not going to do much selling till the summers over. I did a little selling last week and got some cheap stuff sold for just over a couple hundred. I'm going to have allot of stuff to unload here this fall & winter. Saving, I am every piece of gold and silver I find unless it's a small popular jewelry item that is an easy sell for a great mark up.
Very nice find!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread