✅ SOLVED Did we finally do it!? Potential arrowhead and axe head ?

Greenwood Charlie

Aug 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So I am happy to say I have inspired my best friend to start artifact hunting with me! :) It is alot easier to work an area and is so much more enjoyable then being out alone.

So we started working this section of river this week. Using google earth we are finding good access points. It is the very low end of a huge major river so Its all clay and fine silt this low.

We found this nice crumbling clay section and I was walking and I found this in the clay!
It looks like it could be a blunt axehead maybe? I can take more pics if needed. It has beautiful shape , it has that black lichen "petina" on one side. It seems to have some slight red pigmentation if you look close! Its not showing in these pics but my friend can see it too. Its very faint. Could it have been painted or even maybe stained from blood!!??

I am sure I am most likely just out of my mind and have just found another damb rock..... like the wife says! :lol:

Well the next day my friend and I are a bit lower down on the river searching a creek mouth when he finds this!! Could it be an arrowhead finally?

Attachments

• SDC13605.JPG
    SDC13605.JPG
    850.7 KB · Views: 108
  • SDC13606.JPG
    SDC13606.JPG
    770.2 KB · Views: 106
  • SDC13608.JPG
    SDC13608.JPG
    765.2 KB · Views: 106
  • SDC13609.JPG
    SDC13609.JPG
    740.3 KB · Views: 104
  • SDC13610.JPG
    SDC13610.JPG
    708.8 KB · Views: 90
  • SDC13615.JPG
    SDC13615.JPG
    718.3 KB · Views: 98
  • SDC13657.JPG
    SDC13657.JPG
    753.1 KB · Views: 101
  • SDC13660.JPG
    SDC13660.JPG
    714.3 KB · Views: 84
  • SDC13659.JPG
    SDC13659.JPG
    730.3 KB · Views: 94
Upvote 0

bsit1361

Bronze Member
Feb 23, 2010
md
I hate to be that guy but have to go with natural. I would've still brought them home

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Sorry, but both are geofacts.... You should not have to use your imagination to see it as an artifact... There are no signs of it being worked by man in the pictures I see.....

Better luck next time.....

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
We call those dangits here. You see the shape and then you pick it up and see it is just a natural rock. I find them allot in the creeks. You had me going on the ax till I saw the other side and no grinding marks for the bit. Im sure they would of made a ax out of it if they had found it. Nice try maybe next time.

The Grim Reaper

Gold Member
Apr 3, 2008
Southern Ohio
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have to agree with the others. While the shape is there, neither have ever been altered by man and are just natural stones.

Keep at it though and you will eventually find true artifacts.

NC field hunter

Silver Member
Jul 29, 2012
You have the right idea and your eyes set on the truth. Those look so close to artifacts, I'm sure you will be able to spot the real deal at 100 yards! You have it, don't get discouraged!!

OP
OP
G

Greenwood Charlie

Aug 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thanks for the encouragement ! :) I thought we had it this time. But there is a lot of ground to cover, and over 12000 years of habitation in the area so its just a matter of time I guess eh.
On the plus side we did find an old wooden wheeled cart or coach half buried in the river in this spot.Who knows what other cool old stuff is buried there!

larson1951

Silver Member
Apr 8, 2009
North Dakota
Detector(s) used
tesoro
Primary Interest:
Other
hey hey charlie welcome aboard to the tnet

sounds like you have a very interesting area to explore

larson1951

rock

Gold Member
Aug 25, 2012
South
Detector(s) used
Coin Finder
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have the time and the dirt is clear on to the eye and no leave clutter. What you need to do is walk the area and look for small chips or flakes of stone. When you find this there should be allot scattered. That is the spot you want to look for. Just follow the trail of flakes and you should find something good in the area. Maybe take some pics of the hunting area you are on so we can help you. Just make sure your GPS is not turned on so nobody will know your spot. GL, rock

OP
OP
G

Greenwood Charlie

Aug 3, 2013
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If you have the time and the dirt is clear on to the eye and no leave clutter. What you need to do is walk the area and look for small chips or flakes of stone. When you find this there should be allot scattered. That is the spot you want to look for. Just follow the trail of flakes and you should find something good in the area. Maybe take some pics of the hunting area you are on so we can help you. Just make sure your GPS is not turned on so nobody will know your spot. GL, rock
Hey that's a cool idea, take a pic!! I will do that for a few spots and see what you all think! :)

Its kinda hard to look for flakes as this river has been dyked and rip rap banks installed in problem areas.
And they usually use serpentine and slate and all kinds of rock that naturally chips! So this doesn't help my cause. But I know for fact stuff has been found all along this river in the past. Cool stuff like shamans rattles and nice quartz arrowheads. All the easy stuff is gone already. But I dig a challenge.;)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread