Didnt find an item but maybe a perfect spot!!!

Crazydave0002

Greenie
Dec 5, 2012
Fall River Ma
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Upvote 0

BosnMate

Gold Member
Sep 10, 2010
Detector(s) used
Whites MXT, Whites DFX, Whites 6000 Di Pro
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks to me like you might be onto something.

Last edited:

CRUSADER

Gold Member
May 25, 2007
ENGLAND
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Ohhh I'll see you on the Island & show you my finds:laughing7:

oxbowbarefoot

Banned
May 25, 2011
🥇 Banner finds
Primary Interest:
Other
Looks like it would be a great spot. Just be careful about detecting on Federal land... Especially preserves.

OP
OP
C

Crazydave0002

Greenie
Dec 5, 2012
Fall River Ma
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Thanks for the concern .... last thing i would want is to get in trouble out on the island ... but then again i could always run for the boat and get the hell out of there lol

finderskeepers

Jul 26, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
Boxes on sticks, that go beep
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
an excerpt from RI DEM regulations...

Park and Management Area
Rules and Regulations
August 7, 2003

Archaeology

4.1 No one shall excavate, disturb, or conduct field investigations or any site or underwater historic property, nor shall anyone disturb or remove any specimens from any property under the care, control or custody of the Department of Environmental Management without first obtaining the written approval of the Director and a permit from the State Historical Preservation Commission.

4.2 All archaeological sites, underwater historic property and archaeological specimens as defined in the Antiquities Act of Rhode Island, R.I.G.L., ch. 42-45.1, are the property of the State of Rhode Island.

4.3 Metal detectors and other location devices are restricted to designated areas during specified time periods.

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Grrrrrrr....that wont stop me lol im still going ill wear camo

Be careful saying stuff like this...:nono:...

Now of course this is all up for interpretation and I have no issue with any input or opinions because I'm neither an expert nor pretend to be one. Just dont throw anything at me!

Here is the definition of "beachcombing" as it pertains to my next link: beach·comb·er

/ˈbitʃˌkoʊ mər/ Show Spelled [beech-koh-mer] noun 1. a person who lives by gathering salable articles of jetsam, refuse, etc., from beaches.

Written in this link is information about Prudence Island and what is allowed recreationally:

Narragansett Bay National Estuarine Research Reserve

Scrolling down near the boating, hunting and fishing sections you'll find:

"Activities such as beachcombing, kayaking, and sightseeing are encouraged in the Reserve."

There are also maps on that site showing where they encourage public use that might be helpful to you. This should not be misinterpreted as a green light to metal detect there. You'll still have to go through the proper channels to make sure that it's allowed before you venture out.

I'd be interested in what you find out too.

Last edited:
OP
OP
C

Crazydave0002

Greenie
Dec 5, 2012
Fall River Ma
Detector(s) used
Fisher F2
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was only kidding the camo thing lol i still have to do some more research to see if i could MD on the islands and contact some people and get the ok ....i would like to think that they would encourage people to explore the islands and enjoy them..ill def post any new updates on this topic .... great map thanks i have a similar map but not as updated as that one

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
I was only kidding the camo thing lol i still have to do some more research to see if i could MD on the islands and contact some people and get the ok ....i would like to think that they would encourage people to explore the islands and enjoy them..ill def post any new updates on this topic .... great map thanks i have a similar map but not as updated as that one

Very cool- I think that you'd find some interesting things there, new and old! Keep us posted please!

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Just go and hit it. Most likely no one will see u out there. If someone would happen to show up just play stupid with them.

Erik in NJ

Silver Member
Oct 4, 2010
The Garden State
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro & CTX-3030
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Just go and hit it. Most likely no one will see u out there. If someone would happen to show up just play stupid with them.

First of all, if you found a good site (where you have permission to hunt!) why would you ever post a Google map of it on a public forum unless you want to guarantee that many people (legally or illegally) will get there before you?

Second of all statements like "just go hit it...play stupid with them" and "that wont stop me lol im still going" (even if you are joking) after what Bev posted regarding the laws pertaining to these lands will do nothing but get more and more places closed to detecting for all of us. Anyone on the Internet can read these comments and politicians opposed to detecting and the press can and will read them.

Personally I think this whole thread should be deleted by the admins.

dholland02

Bronze Member
Jan 15, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace250
Minelab Safari
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
U can do it ur way and ill keep doin it How I want to. If its in the middle of no where hide the boat and make sure ur not seen.

Bev

Mar 2, 2012
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett At Pro
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
We all know people hunt under the radar if they can get away with it. There's a right way and a wrong way. Let newcomers see that there are more of us who disapprove with shady tactics. It can only help them learn the right way to do things. Of course if the higher-ups feel it should be deleted then that's okay too.
I am surprised that a "senior member" would condone it, unless he's just being sarcastic. Maybe he's kidding and it's coming across wrong.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread