C71D285E-F948-47AE-9D21-2897DA5256CE.jpeg
    1.1 MB · Views: 82
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 61
Upvote 15
Pretty good hunt sweet button

Awesome! Congrats!

That's the way it goes digging flat buttons. One day you're "Extra Rich", the next you're "Superfine". And every once in a while you're "Gilt"y

Barrydang....Question...I also found a nice heavily gilted gold button with some black gunk on it...what is the best way to clean it...thanks in advance...good luck with your hunts. Walt

Barrydang....Question...I also found a nice heavily gilted gold button with some black gunk on it...what is the best way to clean it...thanks in advance...good luck with your hunts. Walt

I don’t know how barrydang cleans his buttons but I use a 50/50 mixture of the works toilet bowl cleaner and water with a light toothbrush cleaning. This is probably not a good idea and might make people cringe but for me it works.

Before
5E3BEA6F-0CD7-4597-A6DF-4D04B7BA5B23.jpeg

After
FDC93D34-1700-4559-9272-801FD0A68527.jpeg

Nice job on the flat button! :icon_thumleft:

I have used tooth brush and vinegar and rinse it off. I don’t see where it helped or really hurt it. It seems to get some more of the crud off and make the letters more visible. Aquachigger pn youtube has a video of exactly
What he does with his buttons is ya wanna watch that. Here is an after photo

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Barrydang and TomTom,

Thank you for the fast replies. While it is hard to find nice treasures, I find it harder to bring them back to life so that they are recognizable as something worth displaying. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Last edited:
Barrydang and TomTom,

Thank you for the fast replies. While it is hard to find nice treasures, I find it harder to bringing them back to life so that they are recognizable as something worth displaying. Good luck with your hunts. Walt

Your welcome! Not a problem I am still very new to this myself. Hope that button cleans up nice I want to display all my finds from my grandparents property. It’s a history no one I started by looking for modern coins in the yard and accidentally found a near 200 yr old flatbutton.Good luck. Here is a picture of my finds on the property how i display them. Here is a picture Of how I have them displayed. Prolly not uncommon from anyone else Display. The half came from another place I just didn’t want it to get mixed up with my junk silver coins. Happy hunting!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 35

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back