verbious

Jun 21, 2012
Elizabeth, PA
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75 SE
Bounty Hunter Platinum (back up)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
New to the hobby and started on a borrowed BH Tracker IV. Our house was built in 1910 and I've always wanted to metal detect the property. My son's friend let me borrow the Tracker. It took a few days to figure things out, but my youngest son and I got the hang of it.

Then the youngest son's friend let us use a BH Discovery 1100. The 1100 was a gift but he cannot dig anything up so he brought it over. The learning process was faster and it was interesting to note the differences in the 2 MDs.

Fathers Day gift arrived....A BH Lone Star. Again...some differences in the MDs.

The biggest difference is how trash is displayed. There is a TON of trash out in the yard. i've found it all, including a 50 pound chunk of pig iron. At times, each of the detectors will give a very solid hit on a target. I would listen to the tone or check the display and have started to figure out how to tweak the sens and disc knobs to tell if it's trash. I still dig them all just to verify my initial diagnosis.

All 3 of the detectors find coins pretty well, (no silver yet) but the Lone Star seems to find coins that are deeper vs the other 2.

Looking forward to hitting some playgrounds and ball fields as well as some other old property in the area.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread