Quick draw II

Sand-duner

Nov 24, 2009
Sequim, WA
Detector(s) used
BH Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Check your batteries, sometimes mine does that when they get low. Also, maybe try turning the sensitivity down instead of having it maxed out? Or, turn up the discrimination a bit.

OP
OP
C

cornell349

May 21, 2012
Yeah I turned down the sensitivity abd it cleared up some, thanks for the input, do you use the quick draw II still

MrSandman

Jun 26, 2012
Illinois
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Quick Draw II
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
...problems with the quick draw II, mine chimes like there is something there even when there ain't...

I've noticed as well that any time the coil brushes the ground or anything the slight bump will often cause the detector to respond with a signal as if something were there.
When I pass back over the same location cleanly, I get no response and move on.

I'm just glad we're not keeping a running total on flip-tabs and bottle-caps...

OP
OP
C

cornell349

May 21, 2012
Yeah I done some detecting the other day and decided not to dig every signal but the only thing I found was and bottle cap, you still use your quick draw II

cra61

Jul 9, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2+
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett "carrot" Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have a Quick Draw II and have been using it for over ten years successfully. I am looking to replace it soon with a 503 or 505 pro but will still carry the Draw II in my vehicle as a quick search tool.

OP
OP
C

cornell349

May 21, 2012
You like it pretty good cra61, or have you had any problems with false reading

cra61

Jul 9, 2012
Central Florida
Detector(s) used
Teknetics G2+
Garrett AT Pro
Garrett "carrot" Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Depending on soil conditions I do get some false readings other then the normal pulltab/nickel readings. Try adjusting sensitivity and of course the batteries.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread