mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
Was gone for a wk & came back to a yard that looked like it hadn't been mown forever! I found 3 of these little guys in a shady spot after mowing. Have looked in my shroom book, & I think it is an ink cap, but none an exact match yet. Looks pretty poisonous to me. I won't be tasting it anytime soon, like never! But I love the strange mushrooms we have around here!

Attachments

• 035.JPG
    035.JPG
    91.8 KB · Views: 144
Upvote 1
OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I was being so careful not to get it on me, I didn't even think about smelling it. I will smell the one I kept, you have me curious now. & I am very careful about any shroom I don't know. I have to many treasures to find to die from eating a mystery shroom. Not gonna happen!

CMDiamonddawg

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2009
Jersey Cape
Detector(s) used
Fisher 1265X & CZ-7
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes , a stinkhorn with spores filled with bug feces , read the wiki descrip. from Bum Luck

beez0404

Silver Member
Jan 4, 2014
Newton, NC
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Although I love mushrooms when you really think about them they're pretty disgusting.

dustytrails123

Bronze Member
Apr 14, 2012
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer Se Pro,Garrett At/Pro,Garrett Ace 350,Tesoro Cibola,Tesoro Outlaw,Bounty Hunter SharpShooter 2
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
yes , a stinkhorn with spores filled with bug feces , read the wiki descrip. from Bum Luck

I find alot of bugs and slugs on morels too...i dont eat them but ive found 58 pounds so far this year

Got_4by4

Feb 9, 2009
Treasure Valley Id
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-Pro, White's IDX/Pro, Garrett Pro-Pointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Was gone for a wk & came back to a yard that looked like it hadn't been mown forever! I found 3 of these little guys in a shady spot after mowing. Have looked in my shroom book, & I think it is an ink cap, but none an exact match yet. Looks pretty poisonous to me. I won't be tasting it anytime soon, like never! But I love the strange mushrooms we have around here!

Here is a link for you:

Phallus (fungus) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I love hunting for edible mushrooms in the woods!

Meadow

May 27, 2014
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
If it starts to move give it a good thwack with a rolled-up newspaper. :alien:

My grandmother once fed her family a questionable mushroom (not intentionally), my mom said that although no one got violently sick in the way you'd expect everybody had buckets of sweat pouring off them for several days, their clothing got wringing wet.

Although I love mushrooms when you really think about them they're pretty disgusting.

This is true. I love mushrooms, but I once started thinking a little too deeply about them, and got put off for a long while. I'm back to eating them again, and had a nice pan-full of morels the other day. I'm going to try not to think too much about fungus again.

OP
OP
mamabear

mamabear

Silver Member
Feb 21, 2008
SE Missouri
Detector(s) used
garage sale oldie
Primary Interest:
Other
I have read that even people who have eaten morrels in the past can develop a sensitivity to them & become quite sick. That would be horrible! I love morrels.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions