Dig Fellas airs on Travel channel Sept 4th at 8.

marh415

Apr 30, 2013
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, Garrett ACE 350, Garrett Pro Pointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Glad I just only recorded the first two bc that's all I'm watching. how r these two professionals when they dig a hole and sit there swipping hand fulls of dirt over the coil. It called a pro pointer buy one!!! I'm telling u these shows giving these over inflated prices r gonna kill this hobby.

Not using a pin pointer doesn't make them unprofessional, watch some of Ouimette's video's, he does the same thing when he hunts land!

happycamper08

Sep 27, 2011
Maine
Detector(s) used
E-Trac, Racer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I wish they would be more serious, I don't find grown men acting like fools entertaining.There is so much to this hobby that is interesting and can be factual and entertaining as well. When the guys and girls of Gold Fever do some metal detecting they don't act like jerks and it works fine. The new show does nothing for me.
Jim

Really? You don't think tom massey acts ridiculous ?

85royalx

Aug 28, 2013
They may be good but lord they yell and get way over board.. it's ok but just seems like they are over acting some of the stuff seems planted.. its ok but not my cup of tea

Vladio

Mar 5, 2013
Lancaster, Pennsylvania
Detector(s) used
Garrett 250, AT Pro, ProPointer &
Bounty Hunter (kids)
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I consider myself pretty open-minded with these shows but really found this one to be tough. The guy yelling Howawd constantly does it for me. At least with "Boom Baby!" It would only be heard it a few times an episode. Otherwise, the show's not that bad. If they could get this Fella to not talk as much I'd probably watch it.

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Really? You don't think tom massey acts ridiculous ?

I do, :unhappysmiley: he finds what looks like the same hand gun almost every time I see him detect. :laughing7: and acts up like he thinks his audience is 9, or all is daughters at 13..
but he usually doesn't act a kid with sugar shock for whole shows.
it's done sparingly :thumbsup:

I avoid 99% of his shows though

Last edited:

cudamark

Gold Member
Top Banner Poster
Mar 16, 2011
San Diego
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus 2, Equinox 800/900, Fisher Impulse AQ, E-Trac, 3 Excal 1000's, White's TM808, VibraProbe, 15" NEL Attack, Mi6, Steath 920ix and 720i scoops, TRX, etc....
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Not using a pin pointer doesn't make them unprofessional, watch some of Ouimette's video's, he does the same thing when he hunts land!
I agree, but it does make it LOOK a little more professional if they would use a quality pin pointer and some head phones. Maybe they will settle down in future episodes and not look like a couple of boobs that just got their first detector in the mail....but I'm not holding my breath.... Whatever happened to that show on Animal Planet that was about a group looking for diamonds in Asia? I only saw one episode but It was actually pretty good. If you have a good narrator and film editor, you can spin an interesting story and let the characters in the field do their thing without looking like idiots.

CoilyGirl

Gold Member
Nov 8, 2012
Nashville
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab x-Terra 505
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread