gunsil

Silver Member
Dec 27, 2012
lower hudson valley, N.Y.
Detector(s) used
safari, ATPro, infinium, old Garrett BFO, Excal, Nox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I know I swore not to watch "this maybe probably came from this historical person or event" Diggers again. I am turned off by their insipid lingo and idiotic antics, but really dislike their incessant conjecture in regards to trying to relate un-identifiable objects to certain historical places or events. I forgot what channel and time they were on. But, in a fit of boredom last night I was channel surfing and came across a new episode and watched. They brought in a huge excavator ala the Savages!! Then they looked for German aircraft parts in an aircraft dump. I mean, the dump's location was known, who couldn't find junked aircraft parts in an aircraft junkyard with an excavator?? This is supposed to be entertaining?? Gimme a break!! Now that I know what channel and time they are on I at least know when not to turn that channel on.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
every one here is not buying it

liftloop

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
** WHAT ONE I FEEL LIKE ON HUNTING DAY *****
Primary Interest:
Other
I know I swore not to watch "this maybe probably came from this historical person or event" Diggers again. I am turned off by their insipid lingo and idiotic antics, but really dislike their incessant conjecture in regards to trying to relate un-identifiable objects to certain historical places or events. I forgot what channel and time they were on. But, in a fit of boredom last night I was channel surfing and came across a new episode and watched. They brought in a huge excavator ala the Savages!! Then they looked for German aircraft parts in an aircraft dump. I mean, the dump's location was known, who couldn't find junked aircraft parts in an aircraft junkyard with an excavator?? This is supposed to be entertaining?? Gimme a break!! Now that I know what channel and time they are on I at least know when not to turn that channel on.
.. I will tell you i do not like these metal detecting show ..BUT i will get flack for this but i did like the Ric Savage show …

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Nov 22, 2013
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Tonight we can all watch Survivor! My wife and I always have a batch of chocolate chip cookies, at 8pm... every episode.

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
every one here is not buying it liftloop
..liftloop .. have not seen any post's from you for 3 months was you on vacation down on a south sea island… or did you get 90 days in the clink ?

MuckyBottles

Bronze Member
Jun 19, 2013
Bone Valley, Florida
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

May I remind you, its a TV show. Bad product, no show. It's just entertainment.

* watching re-runs of Ghost Adventures. I use the exact same tools they have (Mel-meter, K2, PSB-7, etc.) I wish I had the same results they do..O well

PS..I think I locked onto something really, really good Gunsil at KD, will keep you posted.

Last edited:

Gaspipe

Bronze Member
Sep 6, 2013
New England
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro; F75
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

I compare these shows to a solar eclipse .... You know you are not supposed to look at one but you just can't resist.

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
MXTdeepscan 8by14dd, bulls eye 2, 5900diprosl Maxima1500, Master Hunter cx plus Treasure Hound, surf
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
no sign in problem hey Kempy
did you know bounty hunter own fisher

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
no sign in problem hey Kempy did you know bounty hunter own fisher
lift .. come on i thought you always said that Fisher owned every detector maker or did you say just Whites was owned by fisher…………………. Oh by the way liftloop you would not have sign in problems if you paid your cable bills...

Last edited:

liftloop

Silver Member
May 7, 2008
lakelinden mi
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
so kempy you still want argue on the topic that bounty hunter makes fisher research detectors that why the sound alike I went to fisher research and on the front page they talk about how bounty hunter bought out fisher and it's funny how teknetic are in cahoots with fisher who is owned by bounty hunter witch is a first Texas instrument or actually first Texas instrument bought out fisher that's how it goes
wich then again own tec-nec-tics so their fisher is a first Texas instrument

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
so kempy you still want argue on the topic that bounty hunter makes fisher research detectors that why the sound alike I went to fisher research and on the front page they talk about how bounty hunter bought out fisher and it's funny how teknetic are in cahoots with fisher who is owned by bounty hunter witch is a first Texas instrument or actually first Texas instrument bought out fisher that's how it goes wich then again own tec-nec-tics so their fisher is a first Texas instrument
lift .. First Texas now makes and owns . Fisher , Bounty Hunter and Teknetics .. Every one knows that..

NJcigarman

May 25, 2013
Southern New Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro,Whites Surfmaster PI
Primary Interest:
Beach & Shallow Water Hunting
Speaking of Savage he was on the Phila ABC local news tonight metal detecting. Can you guess where? Gettysburg right off the battlefield in fresh snow, frozen ground, and frigid temps. They were using a pick on the ground to retrieve round balls.

ModernMiner

Gold Member
Jan 9, 2007
North Carolina
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Manticore , Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking of Savage he was on the Phila ABC local news tonight metal detecting. Can you guess where? Gettysburg right off the battlefield in fresh snow, frozen ground, and frigid temps. They were using a pick on the ground to retrieve round balls.

He probably could have just warmed up the soil with all his hot air. What a joke he is!
-MM-

DFX DAVE in M.D.

Oct 15, 2004
Upper Chesapeake Bay, Maryland
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So Rick Savage only used a Pick, he must have left his Jack-Hammer and Dynamite at home. I guess he was taping it for a upcoming show ? He has been quiet, I thought maybe he left treasure hunting. I figured he would do a Ghost Hunting show next.

G. I. Digger

Jun 19, 2008
Jefferson Hills, Pa
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT-PRO/Tesoro Sand Shark, NEL Storm Coil, Garmin GPS
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I watch every show and have all future shows lined up in my dvr. Crazy, but you learn a good bit about history. They also get me fired up to go out, well, as soon as the snow goes away! It's funny, many folks say that they hate the shows, but, for some reason, they never miss one!

Uncle Jeff

May 28, 2013
Tampa, Florida
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer AT -
TEKNETICS EUROTEK PRO -
Garrett Pro Pinpointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I am turned off by their insipid lingo and idiotic antics, but really dislike their incessant conjecture in regards to trying to relate un-identifiable objects to certain historical places or events..

I agree 100 percent, but here is are alternative

They are labeled episode 101 through 113 (for season 1 episode 1, to season 1 episode 13) after watching just 4 of these I miss the somersaults and climbing trees LOL

wingmaster

Bronze Member
Aug 10, 2009
Detector(s) used
White's MXT all pro, MXT300 D2, 950, 4X6 DD, detech ultimate 13" DD coils
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Savage show certainly planted finds as they found a torque converter with coins from the dark ages to the 40's wrapped in a cloth that didn't have any mud on it after it was supposedly buried 6' down. The fake stuff doesn't entertain me in the least, not to mention the damage they done to the hobby saying stuff like that happens all the time after they hit a water line.
.. I will tell you i do not like these metal detecting show ..BUT i will get flack for this but i did like the Ric Savage show …

Last edited:

Diggin-N-Dumps

Gold Member
Sep 9, 2009
Fort Worth,Texas
Detector(s) used
CTX 3030 / AT PRO / Etrac w/ NEL
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
its weird how they can find people with the least amount of personality...Im sure these guys are great guys...but its a damn TV show...Nobody really cares what they find...As long as they can edit and "exciting 30 MIN" episode..thats all that matters.

Not long ago, i worked in a Architecture firm were we design a home for Extreme Makeover.

it seemed Great...Until we relized the Producers wanted us to design the house only for the show, not functionality. Meaning we had to put walls in places that didn't make sense so that that camera wouldn't give away the next room by accident.

As much as I love seeing the places they go...I cant stand seeing them running around humping trees..Its hard to take anything serious with them

Keppy

Gold Member
Nov 19, 2006
N.E. Ohio on lake Erie
Detector(s) used
Primary Interest:
Other
I agree 100 percent, but here is are alternative They are labeled episode 101 through 113 (for season 1 episode 1, to season 1 episode 13) after watching just 4 of these I miss the somersaults and climbing trees LOL
Yes it is a very good put together dvd on metal detecting … I have the DVD..

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The Savage show certainly planted finds as they found a torque converter with coins from the dark ages to the 40's wrapped in a cloth that didn't have any mud on it after it was supposedly buried 6' down. The fake stuff doesn't entertain me in the least, not to mention the damage they done to the hobby saying stuff like that happens all the time after they hit a water line.

I still got the impression savage was on a crusade to ruin Metal Detecting for the Majority of us.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions